Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

climate control on LPG V6

Propwash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
I have brought a 98 model VS V6 work ute, under more than light throttle the air /fan is on ( even with the and Air con off or on ) dash out put changes to the foot out put, and once you cruse it moves back to the output selected is it a LPG thing, vacuum ?? any help would be great.

woteva

NEED 4 SPEED
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE2 Sportwagon - VR2 V6 ecotec Wag - VS2 V6 Wag
Sounds like you have a vacuum leak somewhere. First check the vacuum ball fitted under the passenger side front guard behind the headlight. See if the hose is still attached or ball is cracked or missing

Last edited:

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Definitely a vacuum leak. The air control flap lifts up on vacuum so when there is none it falls down to the foot setting. I had this issue before on my VN and one of the vacuum hoses had fallen off.

Propwash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
Thanks for the quick replies, found the ball it seems intact and tubes hooked to it. the tubes in the engine bay look intact with no splits. it also feels like the heater is staying on a bit. the tubes look to go into the cabin through the firewall. oh crap I hope I don't need to go under the dash but if I have too, it is what it is. any help again would be great

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
When mine did it the problem was in the dash. Hose had fallen off behind the dash controller dial.

Propwash

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS ute
OK I think that control cluster pops out. its just annoying, I well have a look on the week end, thanks heaps