Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control panel

dazza73

Reaction score
Members Ride
98 VT Berlina V^
Hi there. First time post on here.

I have a climate control in a VT. the lights have blown and it's in total darkness.

I was wondering how do I get into the back of the climate control panel. I'd prefer if I didn't have to pull my whole console apart to replace 2 light globes.

any advice would be appriciated.

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
been told its a dash out job. just like the power outlet in my berlina( bloody kids and ipods) thats why mine are blown as well

goose202

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais L77, VX Calais LS1, VW T-ROC
It's not quite that bad. The trim around the radio has to come out (and therefore the radio out too - make sure you've got the security code for it), then the climate control module is accessible. The back of the module is then removed to gain access to the globes.

The service manual has detailed steps. It's not that big job really. There's a good howto here: Australian LS1 and Holden Forums
Another one here: http://www.ls1.com.au/forum/showthread.php?t=133174&highlight=climate+globe+replace

thekid93

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt s pack
dash out,

clip out the front of hvac and undo the clip.

new face on or replace globes

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Funnily enough i did this job only yesterday. When i bought the car 9 years ago the readout never lit up, and by curiosity i finally decided to look and see if it does contain bulbs.

Simple enough job. Remove the plastic shroud around the gearshift first to access the tray screws etc. Pop out radio (left mine connected the whole time, have to take to Holden to put code back in if you disconnect), drop fuse cover, screws behind there, screws above dials and remove entire plastic cover from dash (unclip light and computer controllers, hazard switch etc).

Remove climate controller, unscrew back (try not to remove circuit board as little button pushy things can fall out!) and bulbs are the top two.

Try and replace with LED bulbs if you can, Holden wanted $36 each for the bulbs, couldn't source any from Narva stockists (they are on odd size in the control panel). I ended up replacing 6 bulbs in total throughout my entire dash. Every bulb that had the colour condom thing on it was blown. Even the bulb in the computer controler was blown (yes it had a colour cover on it)

Hope this helps

madcapmagician

Phatburger fanatic
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VXII Berlina 3.8
Does anyone have a part number - either for a LED or narva bulb? I have one blown in my c/c panel as well and if I'm going to the trouble of pulling my dash apart, reckon it would make sense to replace all of them cause' they're all the same age and prolly likely to start poppin' one by one...

arj127

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Holden decided to be smart buggers and put about three different types of bulb in the dash!!

The majority of them are T5, you can buy them from Jaycar for $2, pull the old bulb out of the holder and replace with LED ( i went red for something different)
The others are T4

Remove and check all your bulbs, i had 6 blown in total on my VT, 3 of which were blown when i bought it 9 years ago, i was none the wiser. Every bulb with a colour condom on it was blown.