Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate Control Playing Up?

D

d hsv

Usually the climate control in my VT sits on the face mode. I've noticed that when I'm accelerating, as soon as the revs get to around 1600 - 1700 rpm and above the airflow is re-directed to the windscreen. As soon as I back off the accelerator it goes back to the face. The screen shows the 'face' setting the whole time, so I know it's not doing it intentionally. It's really bloody annoying, especially on a hot day when the air-cons on. Does anyone have any ideas what it could be, or what I could do to fix it?

Cheers, Dan.

gsmrobinson

Reaction score
Same as on the earlier models.......it will be some form of a vacuum leak.!! Check the vacuum hoses going into the car at the fire wall and make sure they are OK and not damaged, also make sure that the heater tap is operating correctly and holding a vacuum. Will possibly be something simple but they can be hard to trace.

You will also find it will do it more if you are towing or going up a long hill under load.

Regards Guy.

R

Robbie

Hi guys,

I have the exact same problem. I have had the "tapo thing" replaced and all my hoses checked out.. and it is still doing it:(

Cheers,
Robbie