Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate Control Stuck on Demist Mode on V2 Monaro

ALTRN8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Holden V2 Monaro CV8
Hey there,

First post on Just Commodores and seeking some help from the awesome Commodore community. Well since I purchased my 2002 Holden V2 Monaro CV8 2013 I've had issues with my Climate Control. For some odd reason it's stuck on the Front Window Demister mode and when I attempt to change the mode manually or press the AUTO button it won't change to any of the other vents even though on the Climate Control unit its showing its on a different vent zone is in operation...

I've had my older son buy and swap the Vacuum Soldenoid Pack but the problem still persists. It's been stinking hot here in Kal and even though the air spewing out of the Window Demist vents is cold and somewhat refreshing, I would like air being pushed through the face and foot vents for increased comfort.

My other suspicion is that the actual Climate Control unit is faulty but I don't want my son going out of his way to spend $40 + on another unit if changing that won't do anything. If anyone has experienced the same issue and has fixed it successfully could you help me out so I can instruct my son on what he should do to fix the problem, he's as equally or more annoyed at this problem.

Thanks in advanced!!!!! :)

accentstencil

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH II Caprice, 5.7 2018 Equinox LTZ V
The first thing I would check is the thin vacuum hose that connects at the rear of the intake manifold (near the firewall). Check that the hose is tight and not perished.

ALTRN8

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 Holden V2 Monaro CV8
Hey mate,

Just had my son look at it and he checked that the line is on tight, the rubber is nice and squishy, made sure the one way valve was working and that it was on the right way. But expected it's still being stubborn and not wanting to change to a different zone and stuck on Window Demist. What next could I get my son to check? He is curious if there is a way to reset the Climate Control unit or if the Climate Control is connected to anything else electronically like the BCM.

My son is keen to get this fixed for me so anymore help would be great. I've read on other issues but I can confirm when I'm driving up and down hills and so fourth that the zones don't switch on me. No matter the driving conditions present the Climate Control is always stuck dead on the window demister.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Being a monaro it is ecc isnt it? Not manual turn dials? So it could well be the accumulators? If its not that then it must be the ecc unit itself. It may not be the main vac line from engine to firewall, but have a good listen under the dash for leaks

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
I had a problem where my cc would only blow air to your face or feet only. Nothing else regardless of the setting. Turned out to be the actuators that control the flaps in the cc that were u/s. Had to remove the centre console and radio to get to them. Don't know if these are called accumulators. I would try and rule out everything else before going down that path. Hope this helps.

Turtl3

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Calais V8 International
Yeah my bad, actuators not accumulators

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage