Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

climate control

sxchazza

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz ute
i was wondering if it was possible to change the manual knob style airconditionor and fan controls to an electrical climate control type with a screen? is this possible or does the main car computer need to be reprogrammed etc

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
This has been discussed frequently. It is a very big job, not just a simple swap over of facias. The actual air-con unit is different and you would need to dismantly the dash and replace most internal components.

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Hey Calaber do you remember where you saw that thread? I'm having a bit of trouble finding it thought it'd be a good read.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
NO sorry, it has been discussed on a number of threads, but the last one I saw was a fair time back. Try using search or perhaps some other member can locate one of them/

lein

Comrade Commodore
Reaction score
Members Ride
VC 202/4sp
Yeah no worries, just thought it'd be a good read. Might have a squiz for it again tonight. Does sound a little involved, but anyone keen enough to give that a go deserves top marks. Even more if it works on completion :)

-scyth-

Im alright its the others
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VZ Wagon 05
hey mate, if it helps ive got a climate control unit (behind the dash) box im selling as I was going to do it myself but I don't have the time & am looking at upgrading my car. PM me if your interested. cheers

SuperSixty6

Alto Rullo
Reaction score
Members Ride
Landcruiser TD
Yeah no worries, just thought it'd be a good read. Might have a squiz for it again tonight. Does sound a little involved, but anyone keen enough to give that a go deserves top marks. Even more if it works on completion :)

I am in the process of doing it, From a single zone to dual zone. Mind you, 99% of my interior is removed :p