Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate Control

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
vn vacationer auto v6 sedan
Hi , just had to replace the steering lock and housing on my Vr Stato , everything fine except the CC/display panel doesnt seem to have power ,doesnt light up , and no buttons work would this just be a coincidence or could i have unplugged something ? , cheers.

stockies

Bannana
Reaction score
Members Ride
G6E Turbo
Did you check the fuses below the steering wheel? Could have knocked one accidentally.
Did you dismantle the Climate area at all?

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for reply , i swapped the a/c one in the engine bay , to no avail, is there a fuse that runs the display unit underdash ? , and no i never touched the unit , cheers.

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Check the fuses right next to the area you were working on. There should be a fuse to protect the CC unit in the main fuse rail under the dash

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Did you disconnect the battery before you replaced the steering lock and housing? Looks like fuse F22 (ignition fuse in engine bay) provides power to the CC unit. Since you seem to have been able to start your car, perhaps you have damaged the CC unit. I'll see if I can find out more info from my service manual.

ab56452001

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks for all your replies , ill check underdash fuses tommorrow morning , anybody know of hand which one powers the cc display ? , and no i didnt disconnect battery , but i do/did have a smell like fried fuse the other day , i thought it was residue from drilling out the housing shear bolt.