Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate control

pjr62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline sedan
Hi all, picked up my VFSSV Redline April 2014, have had the following issues
*Bad smell coming from AC Holden have replaced condenser & drain hose, however took three weeks for them to find what the smell was after masking smell with air freshener and hoping I would go away

*Rattle in RHS front door fixed by dealer

*Mylink forgets I phone, completely random and at the most inconvenient times unable to fix

*Climate control seems to not have any correlation with outside temp and inside temp, example it can be 25' according to the car outside, comfortable temp inside would be 22', at this setting the AC will reduce the apparent temp in the car to a point and then appears to increase, I counter this by reducing temp on control to 18', at this point it should be cold but it aint so I reduce it further until it is cold, other cars I have driven recently 2014 VF evoke climate control worked fine set it on 22' never touched again during the two weeks I had it, dealer has checked it out, upgraded software no change and I have now been told it is what it is.

This very much a first world problem but when your forking out $57,000 for a car you expect things to work.

This is my fourth SS commodore my last one was a VE SSV no issues with that car at all

I had high expectations for the VF and feel let down

Anyone with similar issuies

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
Hi all, picked up my VFSSV Redline April 2014, have had the following issues
*Bad smell coming from AC Holden have replaced condenser & drain hose, however took three weeks for them to find what the smell was after masking smell with air freshener and hoping I would go away

*Rattle in RHS front door fixed by dealer

*Mylink forgets I phone, completely random and at the most inconvenient times unable to fix

*Climate control seems to not have any correlation with outside temp and inside temp, example it can be 25' according to the car outside, comfortable temp inside would be 22', at this setting the AC will reduce the apparent temp in the car to a point and then appears to increase, I counter this by reducing temp on control to 18', at this point it should be cold but it aint so I reduce it further until it is cold, other cars I have driven recently 2014 VF evoke climate control worked fine set it on 22' never touched again during the two weeks I had it, dealer has checked it out, upgraded software no change and I have now been told it is what it is.

This very much a first world problem but when your forking out $57,000 for a car you expect things to work.

This is my fourth SS commodore my last one was a VE SSV no issues with that car at all

I had high expectations for the VF and feel let down

Anyone with similar issuies

Seems about normal for the VF.

Smashfist

Reaction score
Members Ride
440rwhp Cammed VF Ute
- The A/C hose is a well known issue, unless it was early on in the piece it shouldn't have taken them that long to fix
- The door rattle I would 99% bet has something to do with a clip broken in the process of tinting (if your car has tint), some tinters are rough pricks and break **** all the time
- Mylink issue is an iPhone issue that Apple has no intentions of addressing, there is an update coming soon that will mask that (it's not going to delete the phone, but disable bluetooth for the ignition cycle).
- Climate control I'm not 100% on tbh, haven't really had too many complaints after the latest software update. If compared to another car and it's way off, take it back and insist that a case be raised with engineering.

Cars are pretty complex beings (especially with all of the new gear on the VF) so if that's the limit of your problems I reckon you're doing alright.

pjr62

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline sedan
The three weeks was a total of time that the dealer had the car, one stint for two weeks solid, Holden gave me the Evoke as a replacement and that was my comparison vehicle for the AC (no comparison for performance).

Yes cars are tricky things these days, however the bit that ticks me off is that the issues are known issues and should have been dealt with prior to delivery, surely replacing the drain hose would have been cheaper than replacing the condenser
Three other new cars in the family two VW and one Toyota, no such issues is it a GM issue?

Acron45

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV MY14
I had the same problem with my climate control... It already had an update that didnt fix the problem but they put another update on it the other day during its 3 month service and its been fine since. I also have the same bad smell from the AC when I first start the car so I will be taking it back for them to sort out. I also have wind and rattle noise coming from drivers door. Interesting to hear about that clip. I had my window tint done twice at holden because the first time they done a bad job and I could see tiny bubbles the size of a pin head about 2 months after they applied it. They have redone it and all is well but maybe they broke that clip... hmmm. And now I have a problem with the auto gearbox which I have mentioned in an earlier thread.