Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Climate Control

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
Curious if anyone has wired in there climate control by themselves an whats needed for a full conversion

Cheers
MaT

p.s- reading my gregories, sayd removal of the heater unit/box means disconnecting air con.......

defa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Commodore
yes you have to change the heater box. i really wouldn't worry about it.. if you were to get someone else to do it, it would cost you shitloads. by the time ya get a cabin loom out of a statesman or series two calais, they go for about 150 on ebay if ya see them. need heater box as you said, the little lcd screen, there is a little junction box for all the hoses..
i had a buggered cabin loom and thought i would be smart and seperate the climate control part, but it just got too confusing and ya would need a really good easy wiring loom.. depending on how much ya love car. just go and by a series 2 calais or a statesman if ya really want climate control.. it would near on work out cheaper by the time ya paid someone to do it.
mind you. someone on the forum has done it before. maybe even more than 1 person. hopefully they will tell you how much of a crap job it was..

markovr

Reaction score
Website
youtu.be
Members Ride
07vessv 94vr .04vz wgn,93vp wgn,82 vhV6 wgn 88 vn
Not impossible but probably not really worth it.
If you are really keen I can check it out and see what is needed.I know it uses 2 external sensors ...one near the radiator and one in the dash .I know from looking at a climate control heater box that the actual bare heater/ air con units without the servos are the same between the cc and the exect one.

yZoH

//There Ain't No Rest For The Wicked...
Reaction score
Website
www.lolwut.com
Members Ride
(0.o')
I'll attempt it

Ambient temp sensor, "Near radiator"
Sunlight sensor, "Center of dash"
Fan fuse, "Under leaf shroud near wiper motor"
Interior sensor, "In heaterbox sump"
1/2 a loom to make a patch loom.
Heater box
Screen/controls

Cheers
MaT

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
What would be needed if you have a VP Calais to take parts off?. Just swap all them parts over?

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Yep did it in 4 days on my 91 VN V8. Dash, loom, heater box out and in with the new. The clue is to get the matching loom/climate control to your model car. eg get a loom from a car with climate control made at the same time as your car.
Hardest bit was getting the heater tubes throu the fire wall.
Worth every bit of time spent

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
So if you have all the bits from a climate control car there is no need to fix to parts you have just toss them out for the already done ones?. So then you wouldnt need someone to do it?.
I'd love it but still don't have A/C:p