Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clipsal 500

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
Did anyone watch Race 1 of the Clipsal 500 today. I was a bit dissapionted with race 1, with Todd kelly crashing out early, And Skaife not having enough car speed . And Murph not being able to pit before the safety car came out. Because Ingall came in at the same time as Ambrose and blocked access to Murphys pit.

Here are the results of race 1.

1. Marcos Ambrose
2. Steven Richards
3. Russell Ingall
4. Greg Murphy
5. Paul Weel
6. Paul Morris
7. Mark Skaife
8. Paul Dumbrell
9. John Bowe
10. Glenn Seton

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
definently disappointed about skaife...though he came 7th which isnt too far behind considering how many points are between 1st and 7th...shame bout kelly yeah...crashing out in the early laps but i rekon skaife will be a bit more on the pace tomorrow (well i hope anyway lol)

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
to be honest with ya, (dont get me wrong im a die hard hrt fan) i just dont think hrt have the goods this year, the car is way to slow, and it just seems a bit sloppy on the road, all over the shop, he was realy strugling to keep it pointing forward

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
he was hey....:S i guess it is just wishful thinking but i suppose they still havent got that VY all sorted...though the ford teams are just going at it with the BA
wonder what makes the BA a better go'er than the VY

stretch

Just Commodores Shop
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Saloon Car
I think Marcus has got the BA a lot more sorted than the old AU he had and now I think he might just be the one to beat this year.
Not too sure what Skaifey's problem is. Maybe the stress of owning a team might be getting to him. Who knows?
Anyway it should make a very interesting season for the V8's.

VL Executive

VY SS Ute - Just got 1!
Reaction score
Members Ride
3 VL's, VK EFi, VX S, VY SS Ute, VF SSVR Ute
QUOTE (Gobbles @ Mar 21 2004, 09:27 PM) i guess it is just wishful thinking but i suppose they still havent got that VY all sorted...though the ford teams are just going at it with the BA
wonder what makes the BA a better go'er than the VY
I disagree. There where 7 Commodores in the top 10 compared to 3 fords. There is nothing wrong with the VY. The problem is Ambrose. If it wasn't for him we would've won by a fair margin.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
yes true i actually thought about that after i wrote it lol but what i mean is the HRT VY was a lot more competitive last year and this year its got nothing Skaife and Kelly didnt even make the shootout which as the commentators said is something not seen for a while.

Bax

Projecting
Reaction score
Members Ride
Nothing
Yep, Skaife and Kelly are going shocking considering they are at privateers standards at the moment, which is average. Actually even some privateers would beat them.

Gobbles

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim Series II
well morris was beating them what does that say :S