Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clock not auto update.

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Hi,

When crossing state borders with time zone differences (EG SA - Vic). I've noticed that the clock on my redline doesn't change to the new time.
Had a quick look through the owners manual but didnt find anything.

Anyone know how to get it to auto change? As the car has GPS, it surely could work out what state I'm in and adjust accordingly.
Its just a little annoying.

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Never heard of a vehicle in which the clock automatically adjusts time when State Borders are crossed. Think you might be dreaming !!

SMcC

Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 VF SSV Redline Sedan
Deff not dreaming mate.
All our work vehicles change. But they are Nissans (2010-2011 Pathfinders) & Volkswagons, not holden.
Within 15 seconds of crossing the state border, it changes.
I havent seen a holden do it, hence asking the qn.
When you cross the border on nearly a daily basis, it is nice to have.

Sounds like cant be done.

J

Jingle Bells

Hi,you die

When crossing state borders with time zone differences (EG SA - Vic). I've noticed that the clock on my redline doesn't change to the new time.
Had a quick look through the owners manual but didnt find anything.

Anyone know how to get it to auto change? As the car has GPS, it surely could work out what state I'm in and adjust accordingly.
Its just a little annoying.

No I do not know of a clock that will adjust to border changes.....but look on the good side.....if you go from Vic to SA you have extra time before you die....if you go from Vic to WA you have an extra 2 hours before you kick the bucket !!!!!!!!

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If it's not in the handbook , chances are it doesn't have that feature

cashie

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V
Don't you have to tell it your time zone for it to auto update time? Most I have seen are like this, you tel them your are in Perth +8GMT and they offset the GPS GMT time to suit.

somfman

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Calais V V6
One thing the VE did that the VF doesn't appear to is use the satellite time from the GPS to keep the clock from drifting off. In the VF you can't even set the time to be accurate to the second that I can see. Annoying when you want to switch from music on the USB to the hourly news, only to find you've missed the first minute of headlines because the clock was running slow.

Last edited:

Black X

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Redline Ute
From what I heard Holden could only get the clock to change by an hour. The problem is that when you go from NSW to QLD you have to wind your calendar back 10 years. I believe it is a similar problem when travelling from VIC to SA.

ejwagon

EJwagon
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF v6 Calais
Time does not change automatically. I have literally, pulled in from a trip from Hahndorf to Mildura and return and we had to change the clock manually. (Calais with SatNav)