Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clone Tech 2

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Hi guys, thinking of getting one of the clone Tech 2's for my VX Berlina Wagon 5.7 and my sons 06 Rodeo 3.6. I know they can diagnose and clear codes but what else can you do with them. e.g. If I had a bad spark plug or lead can it tell me which one it is? Can you adjust the idle speed? Can you do anything in the tune? Just wondering what sort of things they can or can't do. Thanks for any info.
Sid

lout

Reaction score
Members Ride
VXii Executive V6 , VYii Adventra LS1
if you know how to use it you can diagnose one weak cylinder, but you will need to work out why that cylinder is weak
I prefer it to read long term fuel trims, which is a good indication of how healthy/well tuned your car is
you can change idle speed, calibrate speedo for different wheels/tyres, you can't change the tune as such
you can read current and history codes that have not set the CEL

SID888

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX1 5.7L Berlina Wagon A4
Thanks for that lout. Sounds like your pretty happy with yours. Best I order one I think :)

dazadude

Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VX Calais Auto LS1
Hey Sid, keep us updated on how it goes. Are you buying one of those ~$400 ones ?

Daza...