Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cloned tech 2 scan tool

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
It’s off my panel van. I don’t have the heap of sh it anymore. It would be worth a lot more than I sold it for.

Redline16

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 VFII SSV Redline Manual

Daniel Souza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Wagon SSV Redline
I got it off ebay but its basicially the same thing it was the gm one. The tech2win doesnt seem to pick up anything in the body menu of the tech2 program in vz. Gds2 picks up my VF and I can read all the modules etc
I got it off ebay but its basicially the same thing it was the gm one. The tech2win doesnt seem to pick up anything in the body menu of the tech2 program in vz. Gds2 picks up my VF and I can read all the modules etc

What is the seller on eBay ? People are always worried about buying things on line and you already found a reliable one.

Moosejaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
It’s off my panel van. I don’t have the heap of sh it anymore. It would be worth a lot more than I sold it for.
HeyMr Manchu...what was the verdict on the vcx nano? Are they suited to vz?

Moosejaw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra
I got my VXDIAG yesterday, it has all the Holden stuff even 2020 Colorado and Trailblazer down to 2010 Barina Spark & Cruze
Commodore runs from 2014 to 2019 (VF & ZB). Tech2Win (which covers Commodores from 1997-2012) doesn't have the Holden software & you have to download it from somewhere like tech2wiki
Hey mate..about the nano..did it end up being a solid purchase for the vz or not worth it?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
I think for the money, they are worth a go.

They will host genuine gm software.

kveldulv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Reserve
I bought a VXDIAG VCX Nano WiFi. I took out an ACDelco subscription to get the Australian Holden Tech2Win binary files, but the oldest I could download was 173 (185 being the latest) - and on my VZ Adventra, I could not get it to find any modules besides the Engine - which was a little disappointing as the other modules is what I was interested in. I tried but was unable to get my hands on an older version (I came across something saying later versions don't play nice with Tech2 clones), so still a little unsure about whether or not it can be made to work.

Overall, it had a pretty dodgy feel about it. Virus scanners go crazy about trojans, etc. in the software. I wasn't too fussed, as I ran it on a "throw-away" laptop (worth noting that it doesn't run in a Virtual Machine) but I was really having doubts about trusting it using it to do anything on my car. Admittedly, it did seem OK talking to the ECU.

Unsatisfied, I decided to waste even more money, and try out a Tech2 clone. It has only just arrived, and unfortunately, I'm not going to be in a position to try it out for a little while yet, but I found a place where I could buy it with Aus Holden software, using PayPal and at a price that ended up as good as any other I'd come across. Only after ordering did I notice their reviews were pretty terrible (mostly in relation to shipping, etc.), but I had no issues getting mine delivered - surprising considering the current goings-on in Victoria! I guess though, the real test of it is yet to come :)

krusing

Well-Known Member, Possibly for the wrong reasons
Reaction score
Members Ride
2002 VY L67 Calais Sedan, 2012 VE L77 Calais Wagon
I bought a VXDIAG VCX Nano WiFi. I took out an ACDelco subscription to get the Australian Holden Tech2Win binary files, but the oldest I could download was 173 (185 being the latest) - and on my VZ Adventra, I could not get it to find any modules besides the Engine - which was a little disappointing as the other modules is what I was interested in. I tried but was unable to get my hands on an older version (I came across something saying later versions don't play nice with Tech2 clones), so still a little unsure about whether or not it can be made to work.

Overall, it had a pretty dodgy feel about it. Virus scanners go crazy about trojans, etc. in the software. I wasn't too fussed, as I ran it on a "throw-away" laptop (worth noting that it doesn't run in a Virtual Machine) but I was really having doubts about trusting it using it to do anything on my car. Admittedly, it did seem OK talking to the ECU.

Unsatisfied, I decided to waste even more money, and try out a Tech2 clone. It has only just arrived, and unfortunately, I'm not going to be in a position to try it out for a little while yet, but I found a place where I could buy it with Aus Holden software, using PayPal and at a price that ended up as good as any other I'd come across. Only after ordering did I notice their reviews were pretty terrible (mostly in relation to shipping, etc.), but I had no issues getting mine delivered - surprising considering the current goings-on in Victoria! I guess though, the real test of it is yet to come :)

If your local, and have a spare time,
I wouldn't mind trying my Autel on the Adventra,
to see if I can see all of the modules.
What year is your VZ Adventra ?

I just checked, and I can see the following VZ Menus -
Engine Control Module,
Transmission Control Module,
Chassis,
Body.

But not sure If i can connect to them, as I have never worked on a VZ before.

Last edited:

kveldulv

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline Reserve
If your local, and have a spare time,
I wouldn't mind trying my Autel on the Adventra,
to see if I can see all of the modules.
What year is your VZ Adventra ?
My Adventra is a 2005. I'm in North-East melb. Once we're out of lockdown you're more than welcome to have a go.