Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Club Rego process

Jack1221

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 sv6 VE Z-series commodore
Hey people
im looking at buying a 1977 hz 1 tonner that is on existing club rego (which i understand can not be transferred)
can anyone help walk through the process of actually buying the car , getting it home and then on the road under my own club permit
thanks

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
Have you tried getting this info from the current owner, the current car club, or your proposed car club.
Even if they don't know, they should be able to give you an info contact for VicRoads.

Jack1221

Reaction score
Members Ride
2013 sv6 VE Z-series commodore
Have you tried getting this info from the current owner, the current car club, or your proposed car club.
Even if they don't know, they should be able to give you an info contact for VicRoads.
Yeah I’m going to have a conversation with the owner about all thoes details but due to covid lockdown in Victoria I’m just trying to get some information in the meantime

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Best to talk to VicRoads, they'll be able to best answer your questions.

gtrboyy

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt ss & lc gtr
With covid guessing it will be towtruck if owner can't deliver it...

They cancel club rego & transfer ownership then you got to join a club go through the hooplah of membership & rules etc to see if eligible then get car's identity check & rego process....basically how it's done up here.

Some clubs are really strict if car has mods or worse a total shitbox with owner scamming for cheap rego