Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

club rego vs full rego

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
There have been a few clubs that have disappeared around here lately...

Something to do with them not running as 'not-for-profit' organisations lol

Dirbatua

AWOL!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS Series 2
lol yea i know a few clubs that you either never need to turn up or turn up twice a year to get club reg sign off.

long as your a paid member they see you once a year to sign the paperwork, you pay your membership fee while there and see ya next year.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My dad is a member of the Cadillac club in vic and is on 45 day club reg. To stop people joining the club just for cheap rego and insurance, you have to attend 2 club events a year to stay in the club.

How is it policed? The club I've been a member of for 8 years now (Might be a year or 2 either way) only stipulated you attended 3 club functions within the first 12 months of membership to become a full member.....They never did any check on whether you attended or not. They just accepted you

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
How is it policed? The club I've been a member of for 8 years now (Might be a year or 2 either way) only stipulated you attended 3 club functions within the first 12 months of membership to become a full member.....They never did any check on whether you attended or not. They just accepted you

If they become unhappy with you for whatever reason they can use it as a reason to eject you as per club constitution ;)

Not that I have ever heard of anyone being ejected from a car club. OTOH here in Cowra there was one main club, but a significant proportion of its members walked out in disgust, and formed a new club that I am currently secretary of (I was not part of the walk-out. It happened before I got here...)

Bigfella237

Reaction score
Members Ride
More cars than I've got space to park!
Personally, all the politics that come with some clubs gives me the screaming shits, once all the little "you must do this" and "the constitution says that" Nazis get their hands on the club it's time to walk away.

A decent club shouldn't have to force members to attend or do anything, if somebody just wants to go on runs but doesn't like general meetings then good on 'em.

Not sure what the legal requirements are but I've been a member of clubs that have one AGM per year and that's it for meetings, and that AGM is basically just laying on a BBQ and standing around talking crap!

But we're getting well off-topic... again

c2105026

Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VTII Commodore Olympic, 2012 Ford Focus ST
A club I know of imposes a $50 fine for non-attendance on a run if you don't put in an apology.

I kid you not.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
A club I know of imposes a $50 fine for non-attendance on a run if you don't put in an apology.

I kid you not.

Geeze, that's a bit harsh.

I've been a member of my club for 9 years now, and am a committee member. It's a good club, we don't seem to have much in the way of the infighting or power trips etc that you may see elsewhere.
You'll always get the odd ######## no matter what you're doing, but for the most part it runs smoothly.

Edit: I can type ****, but not d ickhead? Ok...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

I kid you not.

That's the sort of club to walk away from.

Also, I still didn't get an answer of how they police attendance. Do they have someone "ticking" your name off the list over the course of the year?

The club I'm with don't even know if you have attended the correct number of functions in the first 12 months to become a fully fledged member. They just automatically make you one.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Personally, all the politics that come with some clubs gives me the screaming shits, once all the little "you must do this" and "the constitution says that" Nazis get their hands on the club it's time to walk away.

A decent club shouldn't have to force members to attend or do anything, if somebody just wants to go on runs but doesn't like general meetings then good on 'em.

Not sure what the legal requirements are but I've been a member of clubs that have one AGM per year and that's it for meetings, and that AGM is basically just laying on a BBQ and standing around talking crap!

But we're getting well off-topic... again

Politics are part and parcel of being in a club.....The only time it gets up your nose, is if you want to get involved heavily in it.....

One member in the club I'm with, had some hefty politics going on about 2 years ago now.....I told the person wealding the book to get his facts straight, before trying to shove it down my throat. Of course I produced the correct facts whilst having the discussion. Needless to say, they don't try and shove it down my throat anymore.....

What made it more satisfying was, the knob trying to be the hero, was older than me and tried using his limited knowledge of the particular brand of car as the point he was trying to ram down my throat. Unfortunately for the knob, he struck someone that knew a hell of a lot more than him and had the proof to back it up, unlike him.

Hangman

Aspiring Sociopath
Reaction score
Members Ride
WK Land Yacht
That's the sort of club to walk away from.

Also, I still didn't get an answer of how they police attendance. Do they have someone "ticking" your name off the list over the course of the year?

The club I'm with don't even know if you have attended the correct number of functions in the first 12 months to become a fully fledged member. They just automatically make you one.

We use a sign in sheet at club meetings.