Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clubport starting issue

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
guys i went to start the clubsport this morning and it wouldnt fire. i noticed it was winding over very quickly. i eventually put my foot flat to the floor and it started, i was idling very rough but found its feet after about 25 secs. i went for a drive and it ran perfectly, got home turned it off and then the same thing wont fire until i put accelerator down where it starts and runs very rough for a while then its fine to drive. :hmmm::hmmm: help really appreciated

VR38

Reaction score
Members Ride
VB SL/E
Could be flooding if pressing the accelerator fires it.

You say it is weal cranking over?
I would check the battery first, followed by a fuel system pressure test to check for leaky injectors or a leaking fuel pressure reg.

96calais

Reaction score
Members Ride
96 vs calais series 1
Just drove the car 15km and it didn't miss a beat.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
If it's cranking OK then the battery should not be the problem. Most likely the engine is flooded as VR38 suggests. The Holden VS Service CD says the following:

Clear Flood Mode
If the engine floods, it can be started by pushing the accelerator pedal down all the way to the floor while cranking the engine. The ECM/PCM then pulses the injectors with only a four millisecond pulse width, which should "clear" a flooded engine. The ECM/PCM holds this pulse width as long as the throttle position sensor input indicates the throttle is nearly wide open, and RPM is below 400.
If the throttle is held wide-open while attempting to make a normal start with a non-flooded engine, the engine may not start. A 4 millisecond pulse width may not be enough fuel to start a non-flooded engine, especially if it is cold.