Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clubsport look alike

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
My biggest problem is VY executives with HSV's kits that never fit properly.

Looks horrid and its as far from a HSV as you would want to get.
On the other side, if you've got 827rwhp you can pretty much do what you want :p

2DIE

ONEDOLLAHOLLA
Reaction score
Website
www.torn.com
Members Ride
97 Acclaim
The ass end of Unit's VE looks pretty good to me, something looks a little out of place thought. Don't know if its the paint or just the lighting or something else.

I prefer the sleeper look myself though, not to mention its a lot cheaper.

pjdm1980

Shut up Jr I'm thinkin!
Reaction score
Members Ride
E1 GTS BUILD NO# 007, GQ Patrol.
The ass end of Unit's VE looks pretty good to me, something looks a little out of place thought. Don't know if its the paint or just the lighting or something else.

I prefer the sleeper look myself though, not to mention its a lot cheaper.

Probably the big Holden badge instead of HSV badges.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
imo if someone does the whole outside of the car to look like a hsv and badges it a hsv then thats not cool

HOWEVER

theres nothing wrong with taking a few bits that you personally think look good and putting them on

for example, i think the hsv wheels, rear spoiler and rear lights look awesome but i dont like the rest of the car, therefore I have no problem putting these on my car (in fact i already have the hsv wheels and spoiler but cant justify the price of the lights)
I havent changed the badges and I actually dont 'wannabe' a hsv since I prefer the look of the commodores, I just simply like those few bits

How is that not ok, do I have to buy a whole overpriced car that I dont like just so I can have those few bits?
You guys all modify your engines, suspension, exhaust, etc to something that isnt 'factory holden' because you like that way, so why cant someone modify the exterior with parts that dont come on it from 'factory' if they like that?

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
People will still do it if they want so whats the point of arguing ? Any one with half a brain can spot a fake any way.....A standard VE with the right rims,lowered and tint can look a lot better than a wannabe HSV..... Just my 2 cents.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
A standard VE with the right rims,lowered and tint can look a lot better than a wannabe HSV..... Just my 2 cents.

I agree, great call Johnsy :thumbsup:

...And good to see you posting again.

SV666

The Commodore Enthusiast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS EXEC SII
imo if someone does the whole outside of the car to look like a hsv and badges it a hsv then thats not cool

HOWEVER

theres nothing wrong with taking a few bits that you personally think look good and putting them on

for example, i think the hsv wheels, rear spoiler and rear lights look awesome but i dont like the rest of the car, therefore I have no problem putting these on my car (in fact i already have the hsv wheels and spoiler but cant justify the price of the lights)
I havent changed the badges and I actually dont 'wannabe' a hsv since I prefer the look of the commodores, I just simply like those few bits

How is that not ok, do I have to buy a whole overpriced car that I dont like just so I can have those few bits?
You guys all modify your engines, suspension, exhaust, etc to something that isnt 'factory holden' because you like that way, so why cant someone modify the exterior with parts that dont come on it from 'factory' if they like that?

Tom I agree with you here, there are a few bits and pieces that I am wanting to do for my sv6 basically what I am after is the look of the ssv's (minus the badges) and when you look at it the differences are only minimal.. Headlight, rear light, rear spoiler, quad tips and 19" wheels (after the clubby r8 rims 19's). But I agree on the fact that if you start changing badges over that's when the "wannabe" factor comes into play, ultimately its personal taste and its the drivers choice as they will be the people driving there car.

soop

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 SS Commodore Series II
If you have the WHOLE body kit on an executive with a V6 and cloth interior it looks ridiculous.