Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clubsport look alike

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
g'day i was just curios to whether i can make my standard omega look like a clubsport? if so how similar will they look? and what price range am i looking at? i also noticed with the clubsport the tail lights are down a little further as a pose to the omegas being a little bit higher does this mean i need a whole new rear panel?

I don't see anywhere the op asking for people opinions on if you would do it or how it'd look. pretty simple really he has an omega. Ok we good so far? He likes the look of the clubsport. Stick with me here. He would like to make HIS car look like a clubsport which he likes. What the problem if you don't think that would look good fine that's cool but he didnt ask that did he. His car his choice.:blah blah:

blown vess

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve ss
g'day i was just curios to whether i can make my standard omega look like a clubsport? if so how similar will they look? and what price range am i looking at? i also noticed with the clubsport the tail lights are down a little further as a pose to the omegas being a little bit higher does this mean i need a whole new rear panel?

I don't see anywhere the op asking for people opinions on if you would do it or how it'd look. pretty simple really he has an omega. Ok we good so far? He likes the look of the clubsport. Stick with me here. He would like to make HIS car look like a clubsport which he likes. What the problem if you don't think that would look good fine that's cool but he didnt ask that did he. His car his choice.:blah blah:
mate spot on my 18 year old son bought an omgea we put 20s on it lowerd it ss kit on it daul exuast sounds unreal debadged it who cares what it is he loves it and so do i

UFO

I Believe
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY10 VE International Sportwagon SIDI 3L
holy crap..... OP, dont listen to the haters. Everyone has their own ideas on customising cars, isn't that why people customise..... to make it CUSTOM, one of a kind, different from everyone else?

Some people like Chev badges, some like dropping a car so its pretty much scraping along the ground, some like loud exhausts, some like extreme audio, some like body kits. And for every one that does, some dont.

If you want to put a full kit on your car, DO IT! Who gives a toss where the kit orginated from and which car its 'supposed' to be on!
If it fits your car (it does), and it suits your tastes (it does), then what's stopping you? I hope not a bunch of keyboard warriors you'll never have the pleasure of meeting anyway :).

Personally, there are so many crap body kits out there for cars.... and because the kit you are considering has been designed SPECIFICALLY for your body shape, I think its a no brainer. Better to get HSV/Clubsport than some ricer crap that will look even worse.
Just dont rebadge your car something it isn't.... that's all.
If it aint a V8, and it aint a Clubby, just debadge it and let people guess ;).

Cobber

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
I have a Silver 2007 Omega and pretty much happy just with the SV6 alloys and decent 18 inch tyres, and tinted windows. Maybe later a SV6, SS or SSV grill and SSV tinted tail lights, Thats it for me. Nice and simple.

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
No the OP didn't ask for opinions BUT you post something like that on an open forum, you should expect all sorts of opinions and comments. It's just the way the world works. If people can't handle positive/negative/constructive feedback on an open forum, maybe they should go find a nice climate controlled corner to sit in out of harms way. I'm not directing this to the OP, just everyone in general.
Personally i wouldn't waste my money on an HSV kit to put on a povo Omega but each to their own. If the OP wants to do so then go for it, but expect critisism from others as dressing a car up to look like another (usually an up-specced model) is not taken well by others.

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
What a load of ****. Constructive criticism my ass. Povo omega? How is a car worth over 20k povo?

m05tw4nt3d

Reaction score
Members Ride
SSV WAGON
forums.justcommodores.com.au/vy-vz-wk-wl-v2/84707-my-vz-sv6.html

Isn't this ur thread wikky, wanting to put up spek parts on ur v6?2

wikky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ
The Omega is the base model, hence called povo. It's a term used for base models. And yes that was my thread, what's your point? The only other mod I was looking to do was SS headlights (for the projectors). It's hardly turning it into another car. No need to get your panties in a knot.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
No the OP didn't ask for opinions BUT you post something like that on an open forum, you should expect all sorts of opinions and comments. It's just the way the world works. If people can't handle positive/negative/constructive feedback on an open forum, maybe they should go find a nice climate controlled corner to sit in out of harms way. I'm not directing this to the OP, just everyone in general.
Personally i wouldn't waste my money on an HSV kit to put on a povo Omega but each to their own. If the OP wants to do so then go for it, but expect critisism from others as dressing a car up to look like another (usually an up-specced model) is not taken well by others.

Absolutely agree 100%

I posted my car (a Ford) on a Holden forum. I know not everyone is going to like it. In fact there are some nutters who think Fords and Holdens are the same thing... But I don't give a sh!t what other people think. It's the best car for what I wanted at the time I bought it at the right price. I will ALWAYS say what I think about someone else's car in a public forum. If they don't like it, they don't have to post their car.