Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clubsport look alike

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
still committing fraud

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
still committing fraud

And your still talking outta ur a$$

Please explain how putting none stock components on your car is "fraud"? You'd have to swap in a hell of alot of new parts including a LS3. Change over all the VIN details, change the interior, wheels, exhaust, make plausible service history, somehow fool insurance, etc etc. By the time your done converting an omega to a full on HSV you'd have spent more then what a HSV costs, and to further fool someone (who wasn't a complete knob) into thinking it was a genuine HSV... well look i'll just pull a hare out of my arse.

Fraud? pfft

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
Like i said i agree with personalising a vehicle but trying to pass off something that it isn't is deception so is there for FRAUD

That is what this guy is doing he isnt just putting on a body kit or maybe he is just trying to fool himself into thinking he has a clubsport.

purchasing a POVO pack and then adding the deception pack...
what would you call it?

Then again i suppose alot of people wish for something they cantt afford and therefore the knock off's come into play....

hakhawk

smooth moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
BMW E21 320i, E36 "318IS" coupe
Like i said i agree with personalising a vehicle but trying to pass off something that it isn't is deception so is there for FRAUD

That is what this guy is doing he isnt just putting on a body kit or maybe he is just trying to fool himself into thinking he has a clubsport.

purchasing a POVO pack and then adding the deception pack...
what would you call it?

Then again i suppose alot of people wish for something they cantt afford and therefore the knock off's come into play....

if he tried advertising it for sale as a hsv clubsport, to get a higher value for it, then yes it would be considered fraud.

as it stands, the guys just wants his car to look like a clubby, because thats what he likes.

not everyone has the cash to blow on a 60-80k car, or want to be in debt for a car they like the look of.

kuzman89

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 ute
Fraud is illegal, modfying your car isn't. (well to a certain point)

"In the broadest sense, a fraud is an intentional deception made for personal gain or to damage another individual; the related adjective is fraudulent.

The specific legal definition varies by legal jurisdiction. Fraud is a crime, and also a civil law violation. Defrauding people or entities of money or valuables is a common purpose of fraud, but there have also been fraudulent "discoveries", e.g. in science, to gain prestige rather than immediate monetary gain."

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
so work it out then....
how much you think he paid and then all the mods he going to do?
interior, exterior, wheels,
Another wanna be POVO Pack, Mutton dressed as lamb.
I would like to bet he is in debt to someone even if it is mum and dad for the POVO pack.

This discussion is so over if you cant see the deception by doing all this to the POVO pack then there is just no hope.
And i have absolutely no doubt that he will one day advertise it or tell his mates about what it isnt!
This is what stuffs the market people making Knock offs.
I hope he cant get a full kit because it does not belong on the cheapest version POVO pack available

Lay man terms either to bullshit that you got it
or to pretend you have something that you dont that is deception even if he is fooling himself.

tomholzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS II
sounds like someones trying to justify the extraordinary amount of money they spent on an overpriced car with a few extra bells and whistles that anyone can get their hands on...

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
where is yours then?

you cant say your happy with the performance of a V6 surly.....