Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clunk coming from front right wheel when turning

])R@G()N

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT
I have been under my one today with the camera too, and I have the chunk also :( (left hand side)

This is were I think its coming from

swapbar.png

Look at the size of that gap !!:hmmm: and there is only a rubber mount bush there.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Calais II 5L, 98 rodeo v6
i know im thread digging, but guess what, i have the same fkn problem, just got my car back on the road after a gearbox reco and its giving me the shits. no shops are open atm obviously. and there is nothing underneath that looks broken, tried moving things sway bar etc and i cant get it to do it

MR_VX

Forced to be Fast
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S pac SII Raptorcharged
i also have to, ive replaced a heap of rubbers witch i was told could be the problem but its not. Next ill replace the power steering rack as its leaking any way.

VTS5

TechJunkie
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE OMEGA 3.6L Dual Fuel
i have a feeling mine is a wheel bearing? cause i also have another vibration/ noise, can wheel bearings clunk when there fkd?

No they dont,only constant winding noise which increase or decrease with the speed.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
No they dont,only constant winding noise which increase or decrease with the speed.

cheers! the noise goes away when i turn left, and gets worse when i turn right. its driving me fkn insane. And i thought either a bush or wheel bearing for the clunk, but now you said wheel bearings cant clunk, and i cant find any bushes that are worn out. fkkn commodores

tezza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX SS
Is it a constant clunk or just one off until you turn right again? Steering rack bolts been checked for tightness?

wortus

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Series 2 25th Anniversary in Phantom Mica
If that's power steering/trans fluid leaking it can stuff the rubber bushes over time. If you take it to Pe****s just beware you'll get a list of things as long as your arm that they say need changing, half or more of which will be perfectly servicable.

calais24/7

Mucca Mad Boys
Reaction score
Members Ride
Is it a constant clunk or just one off until you turn right again? Steering rack bolts been checked for tightness?

not a constant clunk. just when turning, or going up/down driveways , but it only does it while im going slowly

and yeah, i have thought about taking it to pedders, but they wont tell me whats wrong with it, they will just write down every front suspension part as being fkd. And it wont help me at all