Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clunking noise on take off after starting car only

Maccas90

We're only young once.
Reaction score
Members Ride
E3 Clubsport R8
yeah, because its still in warranty. just wait till that runs out..... then its like "mate, your flux capacitor is shot.... $5,000 should fix it though" ;).

Haha this gave me a good laugh!

TumTum

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY9.5 VE SV6 Ute, 2001 VXII Berlina Sed
Sounds like what mine is doing and the only way i can describe it it goes "wob wob wob wob wob" only when i take off after starting exactly as you described only for 2 seconds can seem to find the fix?????

My SV6 and Berlina do the exact same noise... right before the doors lock... If you've got 'doors lock at speed' turned on, your doors will lock when you first hit 13kph. I haven't actually tried turning the door lock feature off to see if the noise still happens. But it definitely happens at 12kph everytime after I start either SV6 or Berlina just before the doors lock.

Jamesr86

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS M6
My SS manual clunks only after I have reversed, then started to drive forward. Pretty much right after I move forward it clunks.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Sounds like what mine is doing and the only way i can describe it it goes "wob wob wob wob wob" only when i take off after starting exactly as you described only for 2 seconds can seem to find the fix?????

The wob wob wob wob is almost definitely the ABS self test. Mine does this every day driving through the car park at work when i'm leaving to come home. It sounds like Clunk, wob wob wob wob...

`Aleks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black SSV
My SS manual clunks only after I have reversed, then started to drive forward. Pretty much right after I move forward it clunks.
ive got an sv6 auto, and mines does the same thing =\ after u reverse n take off

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
I get 2 clunks when I reach about 35kmh. I havent heard any wob wob wob wob sound though :p

ESS364

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
My VE SS manual is now over 3 years old. Clunked since new. First service complained about it...they did something to rear right suspension which cleared it for a few months. It then came back. Sometimes in the front sometimes in the rear. Speed bumps tend to make it happen or backing out onto the street. Presume it is poor suspension mounts but it only does it occasionally and not under heavy acceleration so not worried about it. Have had it serviced 4 times and haven't bothered to raise it again. Its a holden V8...it goes like hell, it stops when I want it to and even goes around corners and averages 14.5 Litres/100 over 60,000 ks on one set of tyres, what more can I ask.

jempot

Reaction score
Over 4 years on now and it still makes the noise. Hasn't gotten worse and hasn't caused any problems. Warranty is over so that's that and.....wob wob wob wob wob, would have to be the best description of the noise it makes :yeah:
Must be ABS then.

RayLamp

Gone Fishin'...
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS-V Redline and LTZ RG Colorado
Perhaps there could be 4 wobs, checking each brake separately?

With a wob wob here, and a clunk clunk there... here a wob, there a clunk, everywhere a wob wob...

Mine still does the clunk after driving off. Anyone I've spoken to with a VE has the same feedback.

The only other thing it could be if it isnt an ABS check, are the wheel bearings. But I would think that would make a high pitch squeaky type sound. Not a wob wob.

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
if its anything like a vx the stearing rack solinoid triggers when you start rolling after every start