Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cluster Odometer Programming

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
hi guys,

so ive searched around and from what i initally knew and from what ive just read. im a little confused.

i read that if you get a cluster with under 100kms on it it can be set to anything you want
where as if it was over 100 the odo could only be set upwards
ie if it had 80000 on it could be set to 90000 but not 70000

but now im reading that a tech 2 can not program the odo full stop if its over 100kms?

so which one is it?

cheers guys

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
I once had Greg from ASR change a HSV cluster from 170k to around 85k for me. It can be done

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
do you remember how much he charged you?
and ive done some more reading apparently theres a few on here that can do it through the communications line

czuio

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Acclaim 6.0L
I got mine changed from 348,000 km to 0 km at the local dealer using a Tech2. They just need to do a full reprogram I think.

TazzI

Envyous Customs
Reaction score
Website
www.envyouscustoms.com
Members Ride
Holden VE SS Ute
i think that if its under 100kms though
Tech2 can only program the cluster odo if it is under 100kms. If it is over, it cannot be changed to a higher or lower number.

I got mine changed from 348,000 km to 0 km at the local dealer using a Tech2. They just need to do a full reprogram I think.
Nah, wasnt a tech2 they would have used. As said above, cant be done after 100kms. That would have been eeprom changes to have done it.

Experience: Tech2 owner.

FATMOE

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Clubsport R8
Wow I only paid $50

Jimmy_d_jr

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY Acclaim
Tech2 can only program the cluster odo if it is under 100kms. If it is over, it cannot be changed to a higher or lower number.

Nah, wasnt a tech2 they would have used. As said above, cant be done after 100kms. That would have been eeprom changes to have done it.

Experience: Tech2 owner.

so, in that case.

bear with me this may seem stupid, but.
if the odo gets a reading from the speedo, is there a way to trick it,
ie (i dont actually know how it works) i assume that the speedo just works off voltage ie 100kph may be .78v

so is it even remotely possible to say, power the cluster then put a voltage into the speedo line ie for 200kph then just leave it running for a week or so? to get to the target odo?

or is that not even remotely close to how it works?