Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch cable very stiff, how to fix?

Bellicose

Reaction score
Members Ride
TOW PIG
Hey all,

I knew the clutch cable in my VR ute was very stiff ie: hard to depress, but i didn't realise how hard it was until the other day when i was moving my cars around.

I moved my VN and then jumped into the VR and **** what a difference lol, the clutch in the VN is so smooth and easy to depress.

Does the cable need lubricating or...........?

cheeRS.

Pasticheny

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing bout mine ute the other day.. I hav a heavy duty clutch but didn't think that would be the reason why it so stiff :s

VrWagz1

The Wagon on Wheels..
Reaction score
Website
www.wagzhome.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VE SSV MY09 Auto Wagon
They arnt real dear. Just by a new one and replace it. More then likely the cable has worn a grove in the anaconda and is sticking in it. You'll also spend less time just changing it then you will trying to fix the old one. win-win

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Also have a look where the cable goes thru the bulkhead - the metal can flex and crack causing the cable to work at an angle making it very stiff.

flyreels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Calais
Also have a look where the cable goes thru the bulkhead - the metal can flex and crack causing the cable to work at an angle making it very stiff.

Thats what was wrong with mine so start there