Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clutch fork tapping on gear box

Just.in.it.4.cars

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr Calais
hello everyone i have a vn commodore i race and the clutch fork is tapping on the gearbox where it comes out to connect up the clutch cable i was wondering what is wrong with the clutch fork to be tapping on the bottom part where the clutch fork comes out. if i put pressure on the clutch the tapping stopes so maybe a screw is loose that holds the clutch fork in not shore as i dont know **** abut clutchs lol well only a lil bit. so anywayof fixing is without taking the gearbox of cheers

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
good chance it could be worn clutch fork rubbers

vpcalais6

F#%ING [P] PLATER
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Members Ride
V6 manual vp Calais
Nah mate I dont believe there is I did my when changing the gear box you could temp fix it by cable tying some rubber around the clutch fork where it is vibrating on the case just take the black inspection cover off and you will see what it is vibrating on

db_notso

diagnostic technician...
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt v6, mods(susp brakesetc...)
also could be a damaged clutch cable (stretched) or little tang on end flogging out worth a check before pulling box out

VK SL 3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK SL 5spd
Even with the rubbers gone the edge of the thrust bearing should hold up the fork, its possible the bearing has moved forward on the shaft and the fork has fallen out of its tangs on the back of the bearing and the fork is now sitting on the shaft and pushing on whatever part of the bearing it finds, youll have the adjuster near maximum one way if its done this as it makes the fork sit back further then normal. normally only happens when you have the cable off and bump the fork forward then pull it back and without realising its fallen out of where its supposed to sit.