Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch grabbing late - Help!!

B

buzurk

Hey my master cylinder died so clutch was grabbing alte, we replaced it, bled it and now shes sweet no leaks

however my clutch still grabs real late out and grabs like a button clutch and every start i bunny hop coz its that bad

me mate said its coz it needs adjusting he knows it hydraulic but theres a long nnut on top of the clutch pedal

can anyhone shed some light

i feel this needs adjusting too as ever since we swapped it my cruiise control wont kick on unless i putm y foot behind the clutch pedal and pull it out

M

MickVTSS

hey mate, my clutch is doing the exact same thing.. so i would be interested to know also.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
Could be that the clutch has worn faster because of the faulty cylinder, it wouldn't hurt to do a gearbox drop and check the wear, only a few hours work and could save just outright replacement.

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
I don't need to pull my pedal up but my clutch also grabs pretty late on depressing the pedal...
Any my clutch is only 6 months old...

bsbozzy

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT S V6 M5
My clucth was 18 months old and has just been replaced because of wear, and it was grabbing very late. Clucth may be on the way out

Jesterarts

Your freedom ends where mine begins
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 Nissan X-Trail ST-L
would replacing the dual mass flywheel to a solid one prelong the life of the clutch?