Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch Issue Problem 1995 Holden Commodore VS Manual 5 Speed T5 Borg Warner Cable

Would You Buy A Used Car on Ebay?

• Only if the vehicle has a warranty or return policy.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

DVS_DANNY

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 VS V6 5 Speed Manual V6 Executive
Hi All,
So recently i have had trouble changing gear, and whilst up on a hoist a couple of weeks ago i adjusted the adjustment on the fork at the bell housing end, and noticed a slight improvement, now yesterday whilst driving to the shop, the clutch pretty much failed, i couldn't shift out of second into first, or even from neutral into first, and after some research I've realized that yes there is too much play in the pedal, (approximately 5cm-7cm) and on closer inspection and removing the 17mm bolt which the clutch pedal pivots on found that the return spring has broken, so my question is this...

If i replace the return spring and refit the pedal, and re-adjust the adjustment on the fork at the bell housing end, will the clutch resume operating normally? i don't want to have to replace the clutch however i will have to if simply replacing the return spring and taking up the slack by adjusting the fork at the bell housing end wont resolve the issue...

Many thanks and appreciation to anyone able to give me some answers...

Last edited:

SweetWagon

booosted
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina Wagon Supercharged
Replacing the pedal spring wont fix a clutch not disengaging.

How high is the pedal sitting? are you sure the cable is adjusted enough?