Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clutch or gearbox!!!!!!????????

vn_lexcen_s2

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 lexcen vn S2
hey guys...

i've had this issue for a few weeks now and it seems to be getting worse and worse.....

ill be driving, and then when i go to put my foot down the car jsut revs...like its disengaging from the clutch....so i pop the clutch and try again and most of the time it works....it started off only in fifth gear...then forth..now its in third...

i was thinking that i just had a burnt out clutch.....but then i got confused because i thought...if it was the clutch then shouldnt it of started with all the gears seeing as the clutch doesnt really change in density for each different gear.....but i know nothing about transmissions or clutches or that stuff...

the issue isnt in first or second yet but im sure it will get there.....like i said it only happens when i put my foot down to accelerate and the car starts to move but then rrrrvvvvvvvvmmmmmmmm......

any tips on this issue would be great i dont know whether to buy a clutch or a new gearbox....

thanks

MAtt

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
You need a new clutch - it's just slipping. It's only happening in higher gears first, because that's when the most torque load is being applied to the clutch. In high gear at low-mid rpm the clutch won't be able to take it.

You need a new clutch :)

centy

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vp series 2
What he said. you may even be able to smell a burnt smell after if has been slipping a bit.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
You need a new clutch - it's just slipping. It's only happening in higher gears first, because that's when the most torque load is being applied to the clutch. In high gear at low-mid rpm the clutch won't be able to take it.

You need a new clutch :)

not always the case, he may just need a new friction disc, the pressure plate may be fine...

aZK.