Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch pedal feel in VE Series 2 SV6

Papahutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSVR My16 Black Sedan
Hey guys, I've had my SV6 since November 2010 and it now has 18000KM on the clock. I have noticed over the past month that the clutch pedal seems to get harder and harder to depress once the car warms up and has been driven on highways for over 30 mins. I travel from Dapto to Campbelltown for work and notice by the time im off the highway and get back driving in the city the clutch pedal seems harder to depress and has a springy feel to it.

When the car is cold, the pedal is light and easy to use and when shifting gears the whole car is smoother but appears to get ruffer and harder once its warm. I dont abuse or drop the clutch so I am unsure if it needs an adjustment or if there is something wrong. Anyone else have a simkilar problem or heard of a similar problem??

I owned a VR Series 2 manual prior to this and the VE clutch is shitloads easier to use then the VR, I thought that I may need to adjust the clutch pedal but not sure how to do it with a hydrolic clutch now. VR was easy with the cable but was heavier to use

Thanks in advance for any help or adice

Cheers

Last edited:

bundabergsangel

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE V6 Ute
I have a series II Ve but it's only got about 13,000kms on it...but my clutch seems fine?
Sorry I can't be of more help

jace75

Reaction score
Members Ride
JULY 08 VE SSV 60th Anniv.
Take it back for warranty!!!
Sound like normal wear and tear.

CJY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
I have series one sv6 with 40,000 on it and the clutch is hard after driving on the highway or cruising in the same gear for a while, goes back to normal once cool or driving in traffic using the clutch a bit.
Heard of others on the forum a while ago with similar experience.

Papahutch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF 2 SSVR My16 Black Sedan
I have series one sv6 with 40,000 on it and the clutch is hard after driving on the highway or cruising in the same gear for a while, goes back to normal once cool or driving in traffic using the clutch a bit.
Heard of others on the forum a while ago with similar experience.

Yeah mate that is exactly what it does. Perhaps ill ask Holden about it. The clutch is not slipping or anything but does exactly the same as what your's does. Cheers

CJY92

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
Yea no slipping or anything just a hard/springy clutch pedal, wasn't worried because I heard of others with the same clutch feel.
Would be good to hear what Holden say about it though.

connora

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vf sv6 ute
I have a vf sv6, is it normal for my clutch to feel hard pushing it in then where the biting point is it just hits the floor.. like pushing its is hard hard hard then hits the biting point an get light till it hits the floor?? Is that just normal like electric clutch or something ?