Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch prices

ryan86

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ sv8
I brought the car back in December so I'm not takin blame for condition of the clutch as you seem the be stating, I don't do burnouts either I'm more into goin from 0-100+ as quick as i can, I was quoted 2grand from a performance shop for a clutch which they reckon is indestructible and of which they use in there 650hp maloo ute I just want some thing cheaper but can handle the 400hp my car has

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
I brought the car back in December so I'm not takin blame for condition of the clutch as you seem the be stating, I don't do burnouts either I'm more into goin from 0-100+ as quick as i can, I was quoted 2grand from a performance shop for a clutch which they reckon is indestructible and of which they use in there 650hp maloo ute I just want some thing cheaper but can handle the 400hp my car has

My post was directed at the person I quoted, I thought that was obvious but I guess not.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Hey,
Its just my personal opinion and i didn't mean any disrespect to anyone here. I've just seen a few exceedy clutches go on high powered commodores before and have just had a better experience with NPC. I'm not here to start brand wars, just offering my opinion and perhaps i worded my last post wrong.

Tim

Tats cool buddy,
Each to there own i guess.

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
To replace the clutch with an exact OEM replacement including single mass flywheel and concentric slave cylinder is $969. To upgrade to a heavy duty version is $1049.

Where is this price from? I would love to kno because its heaps cheaper than anything I've come across. If you can tell me where you got this from, that'd be sweet.

MeatPie

Reaction score
Members Ride
95 VR Exec S2 Manual
People that cant drive generally blame failed clutches on the clutch.

315rwhp in my VZ, 160,000kms and still on original factory clutch. And I drive it like I stole it though I never do burnouts as I think they are pointless.

Obviously higher horsepower cars will need a better clutch but the factory one wasn't designed for 400+ so can't be blamed if it fails in that case.

It all depends on how you use your clutch and what diff ratio you have, everyone drives different.. the stop-start traffic in bris is ridiculous. 45 mins of that a day will earn you a ####ed clutch.. NO MATTER what u have. i have vr v6 on 3.08 ratio... 15k of driving in peak hour and my clutch is almost gone.

<andy9>

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ R8 6.0LTR M6
I have a cammed vz clubby making 300rwkw, had a mcloud rxt 1000hp rated twin plate when I baught it, it recently broke and I changed to a exedy hd and the difference is amazing. Grabs just as good so much easier for daily duties and changes gear much easier, before I was having trouble changing from reverse and to first now there is no issue. I have only done a few hundred Kms with it but highly recommend. Cost me around $1600 fitted from my local mechanic.