Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch prices

ryan86

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ sv8
Hey guys I got a 04 vz sv8 6speed manual and I was wondering if any of you guys knew some prices for a new clutch as I think mines on it's way out, I'm looking for price on a standard clutch and a better aftermaket clutch cheers

gslrallysport

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ AWD One Tonner
To replace the clutch with an exact OEM replacement including single mass flywheel and concentric slave cylinder is $969. To upgrade to a heavy duty version is $1049.

Jaydenvz

White knuckle fever
Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz excecutive ute
Have a look at xtreme clutches just google them and go from there the original Holden clutches are pretty piss weak

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
Or even check out exedy, im getting one through a mate, but for a SV6

ryan86

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 VZ sv8
Cheers guys yeah I just need some thing that can handle the 400 rwhp my car makes

Buckd1ch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 A6
Hey Ryan,
Before my SS got stolen i was making about 255rwkw (dunno what that is in hp). I had an NPC clutch in mine and it was bulletproof. Deftinatly dont go exceedy. The NPC i had was $1200 installed but i retained the stock flywheel as it was still in good condition. If you need the billet flywheel to go with the clutch it will be 1600 fitted roughly.

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
^^^^Whats wrong with Exedy???

Buckd1ch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 A6
Hey,
Its just my personal opinion and i didn't mean any disrespect to anyone here. I've just seen a few exceedy clutches go on high powered commodores before and have just had a better experience with NPC. I'm not here to start brand wars, just offering my opinion and perhaps i worded my last post wrong.

Tim

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
for big power go for a textralia clutch they have a very good track record i think they are around 1700

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Have a look at xtreme clutches just google them and go from there the original Holden clutches are pretty piss weak

People that cant drive generally blame failed clutches on the clutch.

315rwhp in my VZ, 160,000kms and still on original factory clutch. And I drive it like I stole it though I never do burnouts as I think they are pointless.

Obviously higher horsepower cars will need a better clutch but the factory one wasn't designed for 400+ so can't be blamed if it fails in that case.