Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clutch problems

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
hey guys i have a 05 sv6 manual 36000ks, and it has been serviced by holden for all it log book service but the other day i took to my mechanic, just for a check over(not a log book service)
he found that the clutch fluid is extremely dirty(like its black) and a leaking cv boot, so i thought fair enough booked it in to get fixed under warrenty by holden for monday.

holden said its most likely the rubbers in the clutch cylinder are starting to perish. fair enough

now the problem is, the clutch seems to be starting to wear out. still drives ok just when underload like hill starts etc its slipps. i dont drive the car hard, i do the odd bit of spirited driving but no burnouts etc

do you reckon it could be the clutch cylinder problem causing the cltuch to slip, and do i have a chance of holden replacing it under warrenty. i know they wouldnt usually but since i have a problem with the cylinder which is related to the clutch, does that help my chances????

btw its got nothing to do with my driving although im only 20 i put 160000ks of very hard P plate driving on a lancer the clutch was standard and did not slip once and myy sv only has 36000ks

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
i think the problem with the clutch slipping is in the master cylinder,the fluid would be leaking past and putting pressure on the slave cylinder and not engaging that last little bit of clutch to get the right amount of pressure. before you go too far tho, get your mechanic to change the clutch fluid and see if it helps the problem.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
well my mechanic was goin to flush it before he saw how dirty the fluid is. so he didnt want to go flush the fluid just for it to get dirty in a week or so,

but i hope your right about the clutch not getting enough pressure because i know holden is just goin to look at me as a young hoon and say it my fault

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
it doesnt matter who you are or how you drive holden still has to replace it under warranty:thumbsup: they have to design cars for EVERY type of driver. i would tell him to replace the fluid still as its only like 200mL of hydraulic fluid so there no harm in doing it until you can get a new master cylinder.

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
it doesnt matter who you are or how you drive holden still has to replace it under warranty:thumbsup:

You have to be joking.... :eek:

If they can prove or show the car has been abused or raced they wont have a bar of it. Why do you think you see so many brand new cars at the drags with there number plates and VIN numbers covered up.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
oh c'mon i meant on the road not on the track....even still how are they going to know its been on the track??? its not like a master cylinder is mega dollars to fix under warranty. as for the clutch its probably to do with the master cylinder

VTSS350

Blown VT LS1 450rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
VTLS1
oh c'mon i meant on the road not on the track

Mate even on the road. I have heard of warrenty claims being denied becasue of on road abuse.

even still how are they going to know its been on the track???

So you havent been to the track much then have you. Holden and ford have been know to have spies at the track, or even track officals(getting kick backs) recording rego numbers of new cars at the track.

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
how can you abuse a master cylinder??? if the cup seals in the cylinder are leaking then its faulty parts, the thing wouldnt of even had its clutch fuid changed yet as it isnt two years old so he hasent touched it to void his warranty.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
how can you abuse a master cylinder??? if the cup seals in the cylinder are leaking then its faulty parts, the thing wouldnt of even had its clutch fuid changed yet as it isnt two years old so he hasent touched it to void his warranty.

thats right the fluid isnt due to be changed till june but i like doing things on a more regular basis then what holden log books say.

its goin in tomoro morning so ill just have to see what they say.

Johnsy

★★★★★
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SS Wagon & VF SV6 Ute
You might not have done any "burnouts" but do you know how hard it was driven the first 35k of it's life ?