Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch recommendations

Gr33nG0blin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 Manuel
Hey lads I'm about to get my ls1 worked to around 500rwhp just looking for some clutch recommendations that still work well when dailying?

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
LS7 clutch if its suits and u want cheaper, or Mantic

Gr33nG0blin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 Manuel
@07GTS iv been told mantic, but theres a few stages, what stage is best without going twin plate?

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
Cool. That leaves you with Exedy HD, Mantic stage 1 (organic), stage 2 (ceramic) single or as above the LS7.

The LS7 won't cope with as much torque as the others. Torque kills clutches not so much HP, so 500rwhp via boost is going to push any of these hard. I've gone a mantic twin on my build as I'm expecting around 580rwhp @ 1300nm which is about its limit

Gr33nG0blin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 Manuel
what mantic twin did you get? an what is it like on the left leg? haha. i wouldnt mind going twin if its worth it, id just save up abit more ! @Pollushon

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
i got the Mantic twin cerametelic 9000 series, for boost i cant complain and its easier then the stock clutch on the left leg, got it out at the moment as getting engine done and still looks fine after a few years driving

Gr33nG0blin

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vy 5.7 Manuel
is it tricky setting the twin plate up? whats the difference in installation? @07GTS

Pollushon

Boost gives me a bar....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS
what mantic twin did you get? an what is it like on the left leg? haha. i wouldnt mind going twin if its worth it, id just save up abit more ! @Pollushon

I've only just got the build on the road. So far seems nice. It's surprisingly light on the left foot. I went the organic plate to keep it more streetable. No real difference fitting to a single, comes in a sweet box too