Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Clutch Slip

white.thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder S
Hey everyone,

Took delivery of my thunder s last weekend, and I can't stress how much love I have for that machine :)

On a sadder note, I encountered a problem of a slipping clutch just yesterday after some driving in heavy traffic and then some er, wet roads in which I accidently got a little sideways - just once. In honesty, I didn't think that one little skid and some heavy traffic driving would make my clutch slip.

Its done 95 000kms and I can't verify wether it has been replaced earlier on. Is this the lifespan of a clutch, and will a new clutch be covered under a holden warranty? (I could additional waaranty for some peace of mind)

Thanks for any helpful suggestions and/or pointers

VzVzVz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ S ute
Mine has done 159.000kms and the clutch is fine. Someone's been ripping huge skids in your's

kngsv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6
i never knew there was such thing of a thunder s. always thought all thunders were ss. i know theres storm s, but havntt heard of thunder s. not 100% sure tho. correct me if im wrong

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
the getrag clutchs last around 100,000k's.. not to sure about the 6 speeds

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
my sv6 failed after about 30 thou, its the #### dual mass set up.

but saying that my ss had the clutch replace at 90thou, then it failed and 130thou, but now it has a descent after market clutch so hopefully no more problems...

Cameron P

Reaction score
Members Ride
REDHOT VX SS
yep put a HD single mas in there... you can get sideways all you like after that ;)

Buckd1ch

Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 SV6 A6
A clutch can last 200km or it can last 200,000km depending on who's driving it and how they're driving it... Some people just can't drive manual and some people just don't care.. Especially when they're just about to sell it..

PaulSV6

CHE Tuned 156.8rwkw
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV6 M6, MY10 VE SV6 Sportswagon & MY03 XC SRI
my sv6 failed after about 30 thou, its the #### dual mass set up.

but saying that my ss had the clutch replace at 90thou, then it failed and 130thou, but now it has a descent after market clutch so hopefully no more problems...

I can agree with that, my clutch was replaced today only after 78K, the dual mass flywheel was stuffed!

white.thunder

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Thunder S
Yeh bro, get asked that numerous times.. I believe the Storm was the special edition for the VY's and prior models, and the Thunder is the special edition for the VZ. I can assure you my car is a thunder, and that is certainly (though somehwhat unfortunately) a V6