Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

clutch slipping but been replaced 6 months ago

rusty91

dopespec
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5spd
hey guys, so i have a 96 vs calais with a t5 in it. over time the clutch has had a day where it has sliped a little then grabbed. ive put a new clutch cable on and noticed that the clutch fork is all the way back up agaisnt the gearbox so its like its not fully releasing the clutch. i dunno wats goin on. wuldnt be the fork has popped off the pivot or nothing to do with the input shaft. then today its goe like s;lipping more. its got a hd clutch atm. if i got to replace it then standard clutch probably gonna go in. its got a stage two cam.. cheers

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
I'm not sure exactly what is causing your clutch slip (apart from not releasing), but I'd get it seen to soon, as once they overheat they will distort the clutch disc and/or the pressure plate. One thing you could check is where the cable goes thru the firewall/bulkhead...check for cracks which will affect the cable's operation.

deanos70

Reaction score
as said check your firewall for cracks
also the clutch fork could have weakened and bent , ive seen that happen before

patskies

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS LS1 (vz monaro themed)
maybe your rear main oil seal is leaking. if your unlucky enough oil can end up on your clutch plate and flywheel. seen that one or two times.

is your clutch operation smooth? is there any noises or anything when you engage and disengage the clutch?

rusty91

dopespec
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5spd
hey wel the clutch like grabs rite at the end of the pedal travel so its like the thrust bearing has popd of. So i rekon gbox out n il do the clutch get flywheel done n rear main n see wats goin on

rusty91

dopespec
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5spd
also its got crazy clutch shudder. So get everything done so then i can sel it

rusty91

dopespec
Reaction score
Members Ride
vs 5spd
do u think i shuld put another clutch on? I put a hd clutch 20000kms ago. Just get the flywhel machind?

AlexR

Reaction score
Members Ride
94 VR 'S' Ute
do u think i shuld put another clutch on? I put a hd clutch 20000kms ago. Just get the flywhel machind?

Get the problem diagnosed and fix it properly mate, Why just throw money at it? If its the rear main seal blowing oil on the clutch (possibility) Then get that fixed, then get a new clutch+possibly get the flywheel machined, If its oil on the clutch thats the problem, just chucking a new clutch on is gonna give you the same problem

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Did you do the clutch yourself? when you upgrade to a HD clutch the pivot ball height of the fork has to be adjusted to allow proper disengagment of the clutch.