Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

C'mon Holden! Why not a turbo?!

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
VKStevo said:
there should be a sv6 with all the options of the ssv

the ssv has most of the options of the calais except the dvd player, and a couple of minor luxuries, personally i think ssv is the pick of the ve's especially as its got a 6 spd manual
Maybe they should come out with a SV6V that should be the V6 equivilant of the ssv.
I reckon that could do well for the luxury/sports ppl who dont want the V8 running costs, which is why there is a sports V6 in the first place.

VKStevo

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Exec
that is actually a really good idea *hint hint holden*

with the price of fuel not every1 wants a v8, but because they still want the sporty look, and the manual, they miss out on all the extras that are only on the v8 option

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
Yes, and what I'm saying is that you could buy an SV6 with all options equivalent to the SS, but its still not an SS. Why can't they just make 2 variants of the SS???

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
Scotty_Doesn't_Know said:
LOL!!! That's driver error... Learn to drive mate! Doesn't matter what side of the stalk things are on, YOU are in control. Must look funny when you holiday in America trying to drive from the passenger seat too!

Thanks dude, I'll remember you at christmas time.

I've got car, rider, MR licence and I've done 2 defensive driving courses.

I think I got the gist of it.

andrewmac

Reaction score
Members Ride
S2 VE SS
glassjowned said:
Yes, and what I'm saying is that you could buy an SV6 with all options equivalent to the SS, but its still not an SS. Why can't they just make 2 variants of the SS???
Last time i checked the did its called a ssv :rofl:
Sorry i jus had to be a smart a** but i get what ya mean.
SS has always been an 8 (correct me if im wrong) and to make it into a 6 im sure would just ruin its image.
I also think holden should have kept the s i like how you have the 1 is good but 2 s is better.
Sv6 seems out of place now with no Sv8 in the line up i think holden should try to keep there names in line at the moment they are all over the place.

Scotty_Doesn't_Know

Don't Tell Scotty...
Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden VE Calais
TehFastyOne said:
I've got car, rider, MR licence and I've done 2 defensive driving courses.

A pity then that you put the wipers on when trying to indicate you're intention to turn when in a European vehicle. Best you keep practicing those defensive driver skills cause people can't tell where you intend to go by looking at your wipers.

I have also got a few classes of licence: CA, R, MR, HR and O

I have done the Drive Safe Australia Defencive Driver Course, an Advanced driver training course at Eastern Creek and also hold a CAMS license (did that one at Oran Park - South Circuit).

No amount of training though can teach common sense - that's a "you've got it or you don't" thing I'm affraid.

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
i think they should of kept the sv8, the sv6 seems out of date now.

and there should never be a v6 ss it would just destroy the point of the ss. most magazines/newspapers say the crewman ss doesnt even deserve the ss name.

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
A V6 Calais never ruined the Calais name

To ruin the SS name it would have to be deemed 'un-sporty' right? Well whats un-sporty about the s/cV6 or the high output V6 they're using now?

sting ls2

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vz Clubsport ls2 A4
naf33n said:
i think they should of kept the sv8, the sv6 seems out of date now.

and there should never be a v6 ss it would just destroy the point of the ss.
Well if i remember there was a vt ss s1 with a s/c v6 remember detuned so it wouldn't effect v8 ss sales.It was a option always good to have options like tt 3.6 v6 or 6.o v8,your choice .

JD

Donating Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ccgm.au.tt
Members Ride
1.6L Turbo Holden Croooooooooooze
ok i am going to point one thing out to all u people who want a turb's v6 or v8 holden prides itself on having strong NA power or supercharged power because its an aussie way of doing things, if we went crazy putting turbos on our engines people would think we are turning into nissan or some jap crap like that and besides it wouldn't sound like a holden if it went pfft every time u change gears.