Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

C'mon Holden! Why not a turbo?!

TehFastyOne

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS V Utility
It's a shame and a benefit in some ways actually. It just shits me Holden hasn't got a Turbo model similar to the XR6T from Ford.

Mabye HSV's range might include a turbo variant...?

Shame Holden didn't do it for the SV6, it'd would've been the XR6T killer. Fresh design, more advanced tech and if they're even smarter, they'd have a way more better induction system over the XR6T.

The benefit here I suppose is the choice of cars is still good if your the aftermarket type. Omega, SV6, SS or SS-V turboed or S/C'ed is at your disposal and over time, better kits will be released giving more choice.

Still, I would've preferred an SV6T dammit! :ranting:

Boonz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
green 355 VG ute
its got a fair bit to do with cost and it being a V6.... cant really just have one turbo hanging off one side and not the other, i agree that there should be a supercharged version released later on in the series 2 and see how that performs.....ford really do ahve the upper hand on the 6 cylinder performance market as it is alot easier and cheaper to turbo a inline 6......

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
yeah that would be good but wouldnt it make V8 sales (and profit) drop?

greenfoam

Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Executive R-spec
They make a turbo version Alloytech in Melbourne allready the only problem is they send them to Saab!:) but it's there and ready to go, they are just pussies, that's the sad truth and yep I know they read this :) hello Holden :wave:

P.S Where's the Hatchback and the manual Omega

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
nO, iTs bEcOz V8;s R tEh BeSt mOTor EvA Y WoUlD u WaNt aNyThInG dIfFeReNt!!!111111111ONE!!!1

Holden should have been offering the SS in s/c form aswell as the V8, why should the only way to own the benchmark Holden vehicle be through means of a V8!? Well, I guess the way petrol prices are going, it makes sense really.

daveb8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
glassjowned said:
nO, iTs bEcOz V8;s R tEh BeSt mOTor EvA Y WoUlD u WaNt aNyThInG dIfFeReNt!!!111111111ONE!!!1

do u have to do that?

glassjowned

"Banana Hammock"
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII Exec.
In order to make fun of the appropriate people, yes.

Ripcell

R8 FTW!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
324rwkw MY06 VZ R8 Maloo M6
no turbo cos its a V turbos are easy on straights, thats why holden use superchargers.

what i was told anyway

plus, turbos belong on milk and juice bottles

L

LeBoofer

Ripcell said:
plus, turbos belong on milk and juice bottles

Haha, fair call! Would be interesting to see what Holden does in the future. I think there would be reasonable demand for a supercharged SV6. Also, remember that Torana concept? that had a twin turbo wacked on. However for some funny reason, I cant see Holden doing either a turbo or supercharged V6 in the near future.