Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coby's kitted VP

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
You mean the top of the dash, or how Mick did his VN in the pic up there? No way on earth am i pulling my whole dash out just to paint the top. I'd rather spin a dreidle.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Just looked into pricing to be able to do the spraying i want to do properley, plus the materials to smooth the radio facia surround, the sides of the centre console, the glovebox lid, delete the cigarette lighter and ashtray and smooth that over with fibreglass and spray on putty primer, and clear coat it all plus prepping materials etc etc. About $120 give or take for everything. I think this will be my long weekend project.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Car is booked in for a dyno power run for next saturday. $60 for 3 runs. Just curious to see what kinda power my car has. Obviously won't be a heap, but just curious for future reference in case i do any more work to it. And to see how many extra KW's my current mods have gained for my car.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Ok guys, apart from my car running like haggard **** now (which will be sorted on monday), my shifter surround has come up beautifully, it's nice and level, and ran over it with fine sandpaper and now it's as smooth as silk and ready for a basecoat:

26042008556mx1.jpg

Not bad for someone who isn't a pro using flexi bog. I'm actually really happy with the way it came up. Thank **** for no more ashtray and lighter that doesn't work anyway.

padrickz88

Rick =]
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Members Ride
VN V6, nothing special
nice work mate :) i wouldnt mind doing that since i only use my ashtray for a coin holder, its coming up really nice ;) alot better then some of the one's i saw on the SC..

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Not bad for a girls job :p
Needs some paint, what color u doin it

I'm still deciding on whether to paint some interior bits hyper yellow or not. If i'm going to have the bucket seats re trimmed in another colour, there's no point in hyper yellow. Still trying to decide. But at least it's all done for now, so when i do decide on colour, it's ready to go. It's sitting in the garage primed and basecoated with 2 layers of white.

nice work mate :) i wouldnt mind doing that since i only use my ashtray for a coin holder, its coming up really nice ;) alot better then some of the one's i saw on the SC..

Cheers mate! :thumbsup:

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
90% sure it's the MAP censor. Gotta wait till wednesday for my mechanic to get one in for me because i don't have time to get one myself because of work, but it's all good, nothing major.

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
Well, with the car running all sweet again, it's time to look at power options and anything for gain.

As i was telling Geoff the dreidle last week, i'm gonna hold out on getting a V8, i'd love one, but something is holding me back. Something that has a slight hold on Greenfoam and Morton too. Having a bloody quick N/A V6.

As alot have said, i'd love to have a N/A V6 that can eat a stock 5 litre. So, what am i going to do on my 2 weeks of paid work holidays starting at 12pm tomorrow?

Sub and big ass sub box = OUT

Sub amp and mounting board = OUT

Dynamat in the boot = OUT

Take the front and rear seats out and factory sound deadener and under carpet junk is coming = OUT (Thanks Daniel, now look what you have done :p)

Air con compressor and most of the components for air con = OUT

(done by my mechanic OF COURSE to safely drain the air con gas etc, i used the air con ONCE 2 years ago and realised how gay it is for the engine when driving, such a slug lol)

Send a second chip off to Foamy once the business of the n00bs getting their tunes done dies down, for a heavy ass VP tune me thinkz. I'd like to have a set of different tunes onhand and ready to plug and go.

Anyone else got any weight loss pointers? I'm not going AS extreme as Daniel, but i'm gonna lose a bit of weight :p When i get my tax return, i'm going after a set of 3:7's and an LSD through my transmission place. Maybe a higher flow radiator and a few bits and pieces.

vnv8driver

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
304 Calais
the weight loss will make it feel a bit more lively off the mark i recon, now to speed up your times a bit more cheaply...do you have a corvette servo/shift kit? they make a good differance to th 0-100 sprint, sounds weird but true.