Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

code 21, 23 and 47...holden dealer time?

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
Yeah, your mates tafe teacher is wrong. The CAS will do all sorts of crazy things. When mine failed, sometimes it stalled when i was driving and restarted a few mins later, sometimes it failed when I tried to start it when it was warm (ie after filling up petrol my car wouldnt start again). Sometimes it wouldnt start and then it would.

haha yeah i have read so many post about the different effects the CAS has. Im not doing the mech course
and im telling me mate. Still doesnt believe me lol. il get holden to check it out and get a quote (which will be massive) then il just buy the bits i need.

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
if it's the cas it's because when they get old they stop working when it heats up, carry a bottle of water with ya, when it stops poor water over the back of the ballancer wheel area where the cas is, the water will help cool it, if it then starts it's the cas.

yeah ive heard that too. thanks mate!

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
It is the CAS. Thats why the car dies and wont start every now and then. The CAS problems always start intermitantly. its not a big job to replace, only need to remove harmonic balancer with a puller tool. Check all you fuses before you do anything else.

You only live around the corner from me, gimme 50 bucks and i'll change it, i have the tool. Done it many times, lol.

My god, too late to see this thread, I spend 132 bucks for that. Where do you live mate?:thumbsup:

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
i met twice in petrol station. It wont start after I fill up the petrol and after 15 minutes it is ok.
once in a busy intersection,,,,the bus driver shout at me and ask me to put to neutral and pull the car to the other side of road, my god~
and even twice in round about~~luckly it start immediately~

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
yeah mate
i havnt had it turn off, then not start on a road. which is lucky. ive gone to get pizza and when i tried to start it wouldnt..holden 2moro as i suspect the TPS is faulty as well
anyone elses cars rev at 2000 on idle ahah

IBLOWN

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 TT/'13 VF Senator/'11 WM CapriceV/Hayabusa
yeah mate
i havnt had it turn off, then not start on a road. which is lucky. ive gone to get pizza and when i tried to start it wouldnt..holden 2moro as i suspect the TPS is faulty as well
anyone elses cars rev at 2000 on idle ahah

Thats your IAC motor. Mate, bring it around and i'll fix it all for you.:D

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Lol you sound keen to show your skills IBLOWN.