Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

code 45

Splatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6
vp v6 fault code 45 ,running rich, idles bad and stalls , chucks smoke out , replaced; 02 sens, idle cont valve, tps, coolant temp sens, . recently replaced fuel pump as that had shat , after i did i noticed 2 fuel lines dripping out fuel , fixed this . could there be extra pressure now from the new pump forcing in too much fuel making it run rich? need help , getting close to hammer time .........

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
could be an injector stuck open or fuel reg died pull the vacuam hose to the regulator off and check no fuel comes out.these ecu's are bad for doing the coolant sensor system in the ecu as well and cause black smoke from serious overfueling will normally start and run good when cold but act up when it gets a little heat in the engine.and can come and go for a while.

Splatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6
thanks bloke , how would i check if an injector is stuck ?

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
you can lift them out still attached to the fuel rail and turn the key on to pressurize the system to make sure they arnt dribling or leaking at all

Splatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6
cheers for that i'll try them stuff in the morrow .
been a top car for 6 years , till about a month ago started stuffing up , the local mech done his best (to drain my wallet) so i found this site a few days ago and started to learn some stuff about the things that go wrong with them , not as easy as working on my old val but if i can save some coin i'll brain up on it .

fasamr

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt 3.8 ltz
code 45 is the mass air flow sensor when its not working u get a blck smoke on acceleration better replace it

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
edited as i posted in the wrong thread about the wrong error

Last edited:

Splatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6
pulled the injector rail off (breaking one of the tan nibs off of one of the injectors , doh , will replace it tomorrow.) key on , no drips ..
pulled the vac line off the reg , full of fuel !! looks like that might be it ! down the wreckers in the morn to get some bits and hope she,s right ...
cheers bloke .

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
haha the trusty old leaking fuel pressure reg bet that helps when you put a new one on common problem them leaking into the vacuam hose.

Splatt

Reaction score
Members Ride
vp v6
replaced fuel reg , bingo !!! no probs idles well ,revs , doesn't stall , no smoke .
sure to get some honey tonight from the missus .
cheers bloke .
Splatt.