Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 47~any Similiar Problem You Guys Have~

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
Hi, i recently got a code 47 in my 94 vr after some starting problem and misfire in idle and low speed. after reading some good threads here, i tried to test my car and confirmed the code 47.

i checked gregory's manual:
CODE 47: NO CRANKSHAFT 18X REFERENCE SIGNAL (A/T ONLY)

Dose it mean there are some problems with the crank angel sensor?

However on Page 118, it seems the manual does not suggest to change the crank angel sensor.

i have bought a brand new one and will change it this week. hope the code and annoying problem will not appear again.

any one has the same experience and any further suggestion??:thumbsup:
all your supports are highly appreciated!!!!

hkmonaro68

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz wagon
Check the dfi connector wires, make sure they have good retension.

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
thanks above,,i will check DFI and have the CAS changed to see what happens next

Morgasshk

Morgasshk
Reaction score
Website
www.personaltradingpost.com.au
Members Ride
VY Exec 3.8L Sedan 9C1 Pack
thats what it was on mine.... changed CAS.... but then also had to do coil packs... :( cost a bundle...

kopper69

Reaction score
Members Ride
VRII Acclaim
Code 47 is almost always CAS (crank angle sensor). Search if you want more info cause we discuss this every second day. DFI module and coil packs can cause this error, manual says check for loose connections etc, but far far far more likely to be CAS. Gregorys manual does say code 47 tied up with cas. If you car is stalling/has stalled/ funny starting, and u have 47 then change the CAS.

Harvs82

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY08 Subaru Liberty GT-B & MY16 VF II SS Redline
Another vote for a faulty crank angle sensor. It will start off by stalling occaisionally, and then gradually get worse, stalling in peak traffic when the engine is hot, and you will have trouble in restarting it until the sensor and its casing has cooled off again. A common trick is to throw some cold water over the sensor, quite often it will get you going again. It seems that nearly every day someone is having trouble with their CAS, it seems to just be the right time for it.... everyone's VR and VS is getting on a bit now, and the mileage is getting up a bit... and they all seem to be failing at the same time!

As others have mentioned, check the connections between the DFI and Coil Packs, but 9 times out of 10 its the CAS that needs replacing. Best to get onto it asap, before you are left stranded out on the road.

protossw

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR 3.8 EXECUTIVE
thanks so much you guys!
i am in office now but the mechanic ring me that the job is done and will chargme me 132 bucks. plus the cost of CAS 48 bucks, i have spent 180 on that,,,,,i am not so confident to change it by myself. even the mechanic told me he spend one and a half hour to finish this job.

i will try to see what happened in a couple of days.

good luck to you all

AGRO_38

Formerly SLAYR
Reaction score
Members Ride
2000 VS UTE
thanks so much you guys!
i am in office now but the mechanic ring me that the job is done and will chargme me 132 bucks. plus the cost of CAS 48 bucks, i have spent 180 on that,,,,,i am not so confident to change it by myself. even the mechanic told me he spend one and a half hour to finish this job.

i will try to see what happened in a couple of days.

good luck to you all

wooo 132 big ones?? sounds a little over, IBLOWN sed it took him 30mins to change it?