Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code 64 - LH Oxygen Sensor Lean (O2)

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Oh man, dont mean to burst your bubble but I've had problems with cheap O2 sensors before. First the cable wasnt even long enough to reach from the socket in the extractor to the pigtail connector in the loom, then it just threw error codes straight away, and this was for a Borg Warner "OEM" replacement sensor, It was the biggest piece of **** ever. You should have just ordered 2 Genuine AC/Delco sensors.

"Signal output well above OEM standard"????? Um... Im pretty sure the signal needs to be as OEM as specified otherwise it throws the wrong reading to the ECU? It reads the amount of O2 in the exhaust then sends a voltage reading to the ECU, why would you want that voltage reading to be higher than what its supposed to be?

zac_sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Damn, we'll see how it goes then.
Thanks for the feedback

Vee-ard

QuickVR95II 2010 Survivor
Reaction score
Members Ride
Foam Tuned VR 5.0l Ute
Yeah hopefully. If its crap just send em back. But they might be decent man you never know.

RX25SE

Real cars are steel cars.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY07 Liberty 30R Spec B 6sp wagon
Holden charge about $50-$60 ea IIRC. (4 wire)

Plug and play.

zac_sa

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais
Ok, for anyone interested. I changed over the Oxygen sensors yesterday (both).
So far so good as far as engine running goes. I havent notice any weird idles like it used to occasionally and also acceleration is normal.
However it may be too early to tell as alot of the issues were also intermittent.
Ive not had the engine warning light come on and thats a huge plus as it would almost definitely have showed up by now.
As for fuel economy no real improvement.
When I swapped the old sensors from left - right and vice versa my fuel economy was around 14-16L per 100km.
Now its around 13-16L, a far cry from the 11 is should be but its always been anywhere from 11-13 for city driving anyway.
So not sure why the economy is down.
Anyway Im hoping to get a VE Calais (black colour) as soon as one becomes available.
Rare as hens teeth, then the VS will be up for sale. Besides the engine issues ive been having, its a very nice car and will be sad to part with.