Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Code p2176

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
hey guys just got this code came up on MY10 Sv6. Checked it with my code reader and it said throttle actuator control system - idle position not learned. Not sure if it indicates a problem with the tps or if the throttle body needs cleaning. Anyone have any idea what this code means. I have searched the forum and haven't found anything to help me.

BlackVXGTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
GEN-F2 GTS A6, VS Clubsport 185 A4
Hope this helps:

Attachments

• DTC 2176.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 2,353

h8tensv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 SV6 2002 VX 1989 VN 5 Litre
Cheers for that blackvxgts plenty of good reading there. I did read in that document that a low battery charge could cause it. My battery was low when I started the car because it had been in the garage for 3 weeks while I was away on holidays. I cleared the code and charged the battery and will see how it goes. If the code comes back I will have to take it to Holden for diagnosis.

Sam Anderson

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve sv6 sedan
Same thing happened to my ve sv6, haven’t had any problems accelerating or didn’t stall, when I turn the car on it smells pretty heavily of fuel. Would a faulty sensor cause it to run rich? Also is it just a matter of replacing it or what