Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

code48?

minimefx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon, vx executive
no signal to cam angle sensor. on vr series 2 v6? check volts to cam angle sensor at plug. all good going by gregory manual. replaced cam angle sensor. all good. replaced dfi and coil pack. all good. replaced leads and plugs. motor still works the same. removed engine fuse as manual says to reset error codes. i have done everthing that the gregory's manual said and still getting error code 48? help please

delcowizzid

on holiday
Reaction score
Members Ride
в∞ѕтεכ √&
did you change the cam angle sensor or the crank angle sensor by mistake there is 2 on VR just making sure you changed the right one.

minimefx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon, vx executive
i did the crank angle when i put the motor together and the cam angle sensor when i had the motor in the car and the code came up.

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
Maybe try another ECU - they're cheap as dirt nowdays...well, cheaper than a CAS. Or try unplugging the ECU and leave overnight. Is the engine is running poorly or using heaps of juice?

minimefx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon, vx executive
it just has a rough idle. drives well and 220k to half a tank of fuel

hako

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS11 BT1 V6
If plugs and leads or OK I'd drive it and not look for trouble. 220k for half a tank is good. Keep your eye open for another ECU...they go for a little as $10. With what you've replaced already you don't have many options left. Frustrating I know.

minimefx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr wagon, vx executive
i will get the ecu and some other good bits off the young guy around the corner from me. he smashed his vr and i got the extractors and full 2 1/2" system off it for $100. i starting to think about leaving the error code there as the car is going well.