Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coilovers: MCA or Shockworks?

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VF (Chevy SS)
I've got a '14 over here in the States, so I don't have to worry about leaking mag rides but I'm looking for more handling.

We've got a shockworks vendor over here and they're highly recommended. In looking around online I've found MCA also. I don't know of a US based vendor that sells them though.

The Shockworks Premium are about 2200 US and MCA has the ProSport that are a little more at 2550 Aus. But the exchange rate would be in my favor making them about the same.

Anyone over there running them, or which would you go with/why?

VECalaisV8Wagon

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE CalaisV Wagon
I have the MCA Pro Comfort on my 09 Wagon, it's a nice blend of performance & comfort.
On the lowering side I can get the wheels under the gaurd if I wanted.

Sandman

Challenge Accepted
Reaction score
Members Ride
Too many
Shockworks, product wise.

Also Shockworks hands down due to having local after sales support considering you are on the other side of the world.

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Who's the American support for Shockworks?

I've got a '14 over here in the States, so I don't have to worry about leaking mag rides but I'm looking for more handling.

We've got a shockworks vendor over here and they're highly recommended. In looking around online I've found MCA also. I don't know of a US based vendor that sells them though.

The Shockworks Premium are about 2200 US and MCA has the ProSport that are a little more at 2550 Aus. But the exchange rate would be in my favor making them about the same.

Anyone over there running them, or which would you go with/why?

As per the OP, he states there is a local vendor.

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Commodore VF (Chevy SS)
East side of the the US has a company that is a vendor/seller of Shockworks. Unfortunately I don't have installation available but they come pre-assembled (unlike the Koni yellows back in the day for VEs) so it shouldn't be that hard to put them in with friends.