Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Coilovers tein vs Pedders

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
Sorry if this has been discussed before but im looking at putting coilovers in my sedan has anyone got or had either tein or pedders? Im in two minds which way to go......

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
Honestly, if you're wanting to throw 2500 at your handling set-up then my vote is for neither. You can get MUCH better results for that money with a higher-end spring/shock combo, sway bars and a bunch of urethane to hold it all together. This kind of set up will out perform an entry level coilover set up every time. That's where my money would go without a second thought.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
so ur suggesting king springs and monroe shocks? with nolathane bushes and sway bars all round? I work for BURSON auto parts so its cheaper for me which ever way.....

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
no, if I was going to suggest a set up, it would be kings (or eibach, or H&R - doesn't matter.. any of the good brands are.. well.. good!) with some Bilstein B8 shocks. Monroes are overrated in my opinion. The Bilsteins are a much superior shock absorber than what is being used in entry-level coilovers. And with the change, you could easily pick up fatter sway bars and a bunch of urethane. For me, to make coilovers worthwhile, I'd want to be at the track REGULARLY and prepared to spend 7k and up on something like a Bilstein coilover, DMS, Ohlins or similar.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
yeah i agree with u on monroe.... but at the same time billstein shocks would be overkill for road use as well..... im sort of trapped in two minds. i have previously had a vy with king springs and gt sport shocks with 19" wheels and felt it was a bit stiff and harsh. But the VE is a much nicer ride standard so its a tough one

TinSnips

Polish all the things...
Reaction score
Website
www.drivencolour.com.au
Members Ride
VF SSV Ute
They're actually not - they ride fantastic at low speeds and give plenty of control if you're pushing it. Obviously they'll be harder than FE2 but they're not as crashy as you might think. The other option is to go with Boge - they're well priced and last forever! Flick Greg at GSL Rallysport a PM. He'll be able to advise you better than me. My money would go on the Bilsteins though everytime.

fr34kd

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS
i actually have a BOGE shock book at work everyone just ignores it like its forbidden but..... never knew anything about them.....