Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Induction for SV6

monaro66

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6 Manual - Morpheous
Hi people,
I am looking at fitting cold air induction to my 2007 SV6 but have a few questions for anyone that has done this already or knows of someone who has. Here they are:
1. Are there any real benefits as far as extra KW?
2. Will fitting a non-genuine setup void my GM warranty?
3. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced DIY kit and supplier?

Thanks guys.

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
1. Not significant.
2. Only the warranty on intake components. Potentially warranty on items deemed to be affected by after market intake. TB maybe?
3. Depends what you consider reasonable. I believe there is an OTR for the Alloytec available now. Don't knot the details though. I had an SS Inductions on my VE V6 Calais. No significant kw increase but better fuel economy and much better throttle response.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
Airhammer style CAI nets about 5-6rwkw gain, better throttle response and a great intake noise.

probably lose warranty of your maf that about it.

you can get airhammer style air intakes off ebay for $250. but these don't come with the shield ASE sell the complete setup for $385.

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
Ive just been looking into doing an OTRCAI on my SV6 and been talking to a few exhaust shops etc around the place.
Walkinshaw performace do one which is $550 fitted and they recommend a vcm suite tune which is $1000. The actual peak power gain isn't massive but they say that throttle response, torque and overall power is more even than the factory tune.
But the only problem is getting an exhaust done as well that doesn't drone. Alot of places I have talked to say they find it hard to minimise the drone from the SV6 for some reason.

monaro327

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Skaife Senator & VY SS UTE
i'd hope for $1550 you have more torque throttle response and peak p[ower then the factory tune!!!

Walkinshaw use the ss induction growler kit btw.

MickVE

Red... It goes faster!
Reaction score
Members Ride
09 MY10 SS
Yeh well thats it monaro327, I didnt really have any intention from getting anything from Walkinshaw but just thought it would be worth a look to stop in and ask someone.
The bloke I spoke to was pretty convinced that for $1500 it would have heaps of improvement but couldnt really give any solid numbers.

EnFoRcEr_001

Deano
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 A5
Airhammer style CAI nets about 5-6rwkw gain, better throttle response and a great intake noise.

you can get airhammer style air intakes off ebay for $250. but these don't come with the shield ASE sell the complete setup for $385.

Hi monaro can you please give me more information on ASE cause i am after the air hammer but cant find a kit that comes with the shield. A website or number would be great.

Cheers