Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air induction From Holden

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Hi,
I was reading on here about how you can buy CAI from the Holden. Does it give you a few more kilowatts? Better throttle response? I have a Uni Filter installed on my car, will that affect the installation of the CAI? Can I just walk into Holden and ask them for a CAI kit, or do i have to get specific parts?

Sorry about all the Q`s, thanks in advance.

Ash

C

CustomVS

Dude look for "Blackstar7000" on ebay he sells genuine CAI kits the new style with high flow air box lid, $60, he also does free install..are you in melbourne, if so he is in ringwood nth...

Holdenboy_VS

Reaction score
Members Ride
BLOWN VS
FREESTYLE_MX Hi,
I was reading on here about how you can buy CAI from the Holden. Does it give you a few more kilowatts? Better throttle response? I have a Uni Filter installed on my car, will that affect the installation of the CAI? Can I just walk into Holden and ask them for a CAI kit, or do i have to get specific parts?

Sorry about all the Q`s, thanks in advance.

Ash

Ash you can jus go to holden and ask for a C.A.I or they will ask you is wich one your after. you can pick outta supercharged or V8 technically people tend to go for the supercharged one due to the better intake.....well thats wat i got told anyways. so go to holden n get one for bout $60 and takes bout 10mins to install. as for more kilowatts it dosnt do that much in power but does improve your top end acceleration. :coolpimp: :coolpimp:

FREESTYLE_MX

Reaction score
Members Ride
1994 VR Ute
Holdenboy_VS said:
Ash you can jus go to holden and ask for a C.A.I or they will ask you is wich one your after. you can pick outta supercharged or V8 technically people tend to go for the supercharged one due to the better intake.....well thats wat i got told anyways. so go to holden n get one for bout $60 and takes bout 10mins to install. as for more kilowatts it dosnt do that much in power but does improve your top end acceleration. :coolpimp: :coolpimp:

Alright Cheers. Do I need anything else to get it to work. I have a Uni Filter, will I need to take that off? Or can I just bolt the CAI on and leave the Uni Filter on as well?

Infus10n

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden Captiva (Work Demo)
the CAI attaches to the original airbox (with soem cutting) with a panel filter. what is a uni-filter?

As long as you have an airobx it should work...

Patrio7

3Y3 K4N 5P33K 1337.
Reaction score
Members Ride
'96 S1 VS Exec
infus10n, i'd say unit filter is his pod filter? [uni filter = brand]

freestyle, what you want is a K+N banel filter to suit your car, it'll fit in the stock airbox and like your uni filter, are re-usable, about the $100 range.

together you get one or two, or up to 15(?) extra kilowats and paves the way for a sports exhaust [engine breathes better, more fuel efficent and "zippy"] and if you decide to be a little more serious in the mods then air flow wont be a problem as you've sorted it from day dot.