Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Induction Question???

markc3012

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr ss Commodore
I have near stock VR SS with genuine GMH Factory CAI installed, (not standard airbox setup). What I want to know is will a SS induction (brand) set up that retails for approx $299.00 improve horsepower, fuel consumption, etc....any help is appreciatted....

F

FPV_KILLER

csv (corsa special vehicles) quoted me for the same price to cut a hole under my air box, run a pipe through to the front bar and put a pod filter there. you gain about 8 kw @rear.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
HSV use the same style CAI as used by Holden (on VS)
don't think SS Inductions will be much of a gain, if any, over the HSV one

STEALTHY™

So Wet For You!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Calais International, FPV, Audi
Alot of people in my club have been very unhappy with SS inductions, as in not imporving as much as stated.

Best power would be gained from a stock Airbox setup, with a KnN panel filter, and then the HSV CAI (same as holden apparently)

i ran a pod filter on my car for a few days, and took it off the first chance i had, appart from being illegal (unless mounted and in an enclosed box) it'll look soo much better with the airbox setup.

M

matt05

FPV_KILLER said:
csv (corsa special vehicles) quoted me for the same price to cut a hole under my air box, run a pipe through to the front bar and put a pod filter there. you gain about 8 kw @rear.

Why not keep the existing air box, drop in a K&N and run a pipe down to the front bar and seal up the existing factory holes. I cut the holes myself and got an exhaust shop to make up a pipe for me for $40.

On later model commodores you hae the wiper fluid box to contend with, but you can move the hole to the front of the air box or move the wiper fluid forward a bit by spinning it 180 degrees.

B

BOOSTVN

the 2 words "power" and "fuel consumption" dont go together. my personal opinion would be to run a decent pod filer with a heat shield and cut a hole in your guard and run some pipe work through. :whistling

vlv8vic

<---Brad Quaid = internet stalker
Reaction score
Members Ride
M5
BOOSTVN said:
the 2 words "power" and "fuel consumption" dont go together. my personal opinion would be to run a decent pod filer with a heat shield and cut a hole in your guard and run some pipe work through. :whistling

id argue that the two words go together well in alot of cases!!! a V8 has more power and greater fuel consumption just to name one example!!!!

more liekly that "powerful" and "economical" dont go together. but there are also instances where this is wrong as well.

might have been a misunderstanding what the words mean there???

hispeedvp

VP SS Ute
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP Group A Ute
mine works fine cost me $30.00 did it myself
P.s last pic is in sepia mode so you can see it better (my car isnt green lol)

Last edited: