Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold Air Intake and Insurance

Benboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 SVZ Wagon
Why don't you get the facts by contacting a few Insurance Companies and asking them for their attitude towards the modifications you are considering.

SnowDoggyDogg

2ltr? = Only milk & juice
Reaction score
Members Ride
Gen F GTS
Suncorp were happy with mods not to be reported unless it added an aftermarket blower, or a roll cage or different paint colour. These require a call to discuss additional premiums.

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
What insurance company is this? Do they ask you if you put 91 or 98 octane fuel too?

*chuckle*
good one, man.

Budget Direct. $430 for full comprehensive for MY07 SV6.

I thought engine mods were like after market accessories (audio systems) if you want them 'covered' you have to let them know they been fitted to the vehicle.

Yeah i know it's best to actually contact the insurer directly, I was just interested in experiences of others.
networking man, you can often learn all kinds of stuff from other peoples experiences.

ps
I use 98 octane :)

Nitro_X

Numbskull
Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 VE SV6
Picked up a decent steel rim today, to replace the 'space saver'

$88
getting new tyre fitted tomorrow
I'll feel a bit more comfortable now if I'm on a hwy somewhere out in the sticks and need the spare, you can't exceed 80 km/h on those space saver spares and I can't imagine trying to take a bend on a highway at speed in the wet with one of those.

AUUyz12.jpg

Commo Baba

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX II Acclaim Wagon.
*chuckle*
good one, man.

Budget Direct. $430 for full comprehensive for MY07 SV6.

I thought engine mods were like after market accessories (audio systems) if you want them 'covered' you have to let them know they been fitted to the vehicle.

Yeah i know it's best to actually contact the insurer directly, I was just interested in experiences of others.
networking man, you can often learn all kinds of stuff from other peoples experiences.

ps
I use 98 octane :)

That's what Shannons told me. "Now that we know , you get a replacement if it gets busted".