Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[Alloytec] Cold air intake for alloytec 190 (wl statesman)

amoooocow

Reaction score
Members Ride
04 WL Statesman
Hey guys just bought my first car which is an 04 wl statesman. I understand it's running an alloytec 190 the same as the vz sv6 and yes I know a lot of people here think its not worth spending money on v6's but for me a v8 is out of the question and I'm just doing it as a bit of a hobby.

I have read that along with an exhaust, a cold air intake is one of the first things to do. I have read so much about it the past few days I've got myself confused on what works best, what works on my car etc... Is there an OTRCAI available for my car? If so which one and are they worth it? Or do the air hammer or growler inductions work better? 2 hole mod?

Sorry for all the questions I just have gotten myself confused on which path to take. Thanks

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
If it's a 04 model , I would look at the Mace intake , it's a drop in replacement , quite cheap compared to others out there , I don't think a OTR would be available for your car , but don't quote me on that .

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
That's it I've got one on my SV6 pretty good value .
Just an after thought ,might pay to check that they fit the Statesman , as the front end is different , if you catch my drift .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: