Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Cold air intake question

John Linkan

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6
does anybody have any experience with cold air intakes? i’m wanting to put an over the radiator cold air intake (https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/VE-Hold...604132?hash=item27fab0a124:g:18wAAOSw9mFWMwSZ) in my 2008 sv6, however i already have a k&n air filter in my factory air box. to my knowledge, the one that i’ve linked above also uses a k&n air filter. will it make any difference being over the radiator or a different shaped filter, or a waste of money?

keith reed

Reaction score
Members Ride
1983 vh v8 sle 2000 vs v8 ute 2012 ve11 redline
I have one on my ve not that make but still over the radiator. They certainly work because an engine will produce more power with cold air and even more with damp air than hot. The air also has a more direct route
Make sure you do get an over the radiator cold air intake and not be swayed by cheaper brands that are similar to what you already have. Manufacturers will often say that their model produces more power than standard. As an example I had a non over the radiator cold air intake on a previous owned ve ss. Combined with royal purple oil it put out 2 rwkw more than a ve ss that was standard.
VCM are a very good cold air intake but the makers don't do one for the v6 or didn't when I bought mine. There is however someone who modifies them to suit the v6. They could possibly tell you who it is.

Last edited: